Need help identifying an insect

Anyone know what this is? I’m guessing a type of Walking Stick, but I’m not familiar with this particular variety. Photo taken a few miles north of downtown Houston.

There are two in the photo; the larger one is 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. There have been a bunch clinging to the outside walls of our office the past couple days. Remind me a bit of the coffee-drinking bugs from Men In Black.

<emily litella>Nevermind</el>

Lovely. Stick Insect Porn.

I think they’re mating, and sort of almost match these guys.

I am not an entomologist.

Or an etymologist.

I am not an entomologist either, but this looks like a mating pair of Anisomorpha ferruginea – compare with the photos here.

Even though the pictures are from a UK website, the species originates in Texas, I was directed there by the Texas Walkingstick Information website. Apparently the common name of this insect is the Northern Two-striped Walkingstick, or “Prairie Alligator”. They apparently spray an irritating substance when disturbed.

Oh…our boy is using the ol’ “two striped walking stick” on her, alright!

[QUOTE=MisterThyristor]
I am not an entomologist either, but this looks like a mating pair of Anisomorpha ferruginea – compare with the photos here.

Apparently the common name of this insect is the Northern Two-striped Walkingstick, or “Prairie Alligator”. They apparently spray an irritating substance when disturbed.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like you nailed it (as did the male in the photo, hurh hurh). One of my co-workers mentioned that one of them had ‘spit’ at him. Thanks.