Can anyone give me directions on how to program a Uniden Bearcat scanner? Mine is model BC 147XLT. The place I found to order manuals has them on backorder and they cost $8 + shipping, which isn’t that bad, but I already bought the thing once and I just need to program in some aviation freqs. I’ve tried doing it on my own, but I’m not tech minded and the thing appears to make no earthly sense.
I used to have one around the house and will check. I will get back to you (I’m at the office now). I seldom throw instruction manuals out so it should be around someplace (watch, this will be the one time I actually threw something away).
I don’t know if the method of programming changed with the models, but the few I’ve owned worked one of two ways:
- Press “Manual” (or “Man”)
- Punch in the channel you want to program your frequency on
- Press “Program” (or “PGR” or “PGM”)
- Punch in the frequency, make sure you add the “.” in
- Press “Enter”
- Go back to that channel with “Manual” and, if there is a “review” button, press it to see if you entered the frequency correctly.
- When you’re done, press “Scan”
- If you don’t want to listen to a channel, use Manual to get to that channel and press the “Lockout” or “L/O” button. When you scan again, it will skip over that channel.
- Press “Manual”
- Punch in the channel you want to program the frequency on
- Press “Manual” again
- Punch in the frequency you want to enter
- Press “Enter”
- Press “Scan”
- Same as above with the lockout function.
If that doesn’t work, let me know.