Need Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10

I need to run an app that doesn’t work with Windows Edge (the browser that comes with Win10) so I need to run Internet Explorer. The Microsoft Site says Internet Explorer comes with Windows 10, but I can’t find it. Anyone know where it lives? Or is there a version of Internet Explorer that will run on Windows 10?

You can just type it on the start bar, or from Edge click the option button on the upper right and select Open in Internet Explorer.

Once you have it, right click on the icon in the task bar and select Pin to Task Bar for easy access.

Whew! I think I’ve got it. Thanks Fins!

Do you have a brother names FinsToTheRight?

Nice cross-post on the quote. :slight_smile:

My wife is on Windows 10 as well and she really would like Internet Explorer she had on Windows 7. Anyone know what version that likely was and how to get it for Windows 10? It has to do with her filling out time sheets for work, which is no longer working on edge or explorer on Windows 10

Stupid tablet! ������

And it’s a Jimmy Buffet reference, I tend more left-wing (fin).

Nothing prior to IE11 works on Win10. Try Chrome.

If you or her have a bit of tech comfort, Microsoft provides free virtual machines with old versions of IE:

Wow, that is like using a bazooka to take out a fly. Also:

IE11 is still available on Windows 10 - you just have to dig a bit.
Under Start-Windows Accessories you’ll find Internet Explorer.

I got the reference, thanks chum. I’m something of a left-finner myself. :slight_smile:

“And you’re the only bait in town”

Yeah, it is, but is there a better solution for getting IE7 on Windows 10?

Also, the rollback is not a problem. It’s literally as easy as clicking “restore” or “revert” or whatever. Take about 30 seconds to roll back to earlier snapshot, not much different than restoring an earlier video game save point.

Another option is to sign up for a browserstack.com subscription.

Well, I guess it’s also possible to get IE7 running on Linux, so you could use a VM that won’t expire.

However, a much more practical solution to her problem might be to use Compatibility View in IE11. It’s still there, apparently.

Compatability view is all about maintaining old IE compatibility, so it might work.