Need new user name

When I signed up on this board, I wanted the user name “Turing Complete” which is a handle I use on various other boards. Unfortunately it was taken, and I came up with Ice Cream Conquest off the top of my head. I’ve never been very happy with it, and I’d like to find something else.

I could go with Turing_Complete or some other alteration, but I’d like to see if there’s anything else.

Some ideas:
“Ghost in the Turing Machine” but it’s a bit long.
“I am A.I.” which is kind of fun, and also a palindrome.

Thoughts on these or other ideas? I’m into computers, board games, science fiction and fantasy, and my sense of humor is epitomized by xkcd.

The best name I ever saw and I would have no problem copying it was…YesOuiSi.

Simple and smart. :slight_smile:

I think we need a poster named Jan Hammer. Probably just me though.

Turingian sausage

I am partial to palindromes. This gets my vote.

Perhaps you would like Touring Complete?

I don’t think Joe the Plumber is taken, yet.

Nice, but not me.

WHY do you think we need one?

Doesn’t do it for me.

It’s got possibilities. If my Touring’s Complete, then I never have to leave the basement, right?

Nice. Topical. Don’t think it’s for me long term, though. Maybe Joe the Proctologist?

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. More are welcome!

Artificial Ignorance

Another one, as I got caught up reading the interesting wiki article on Turing, came to me. It kind of hints at his unfortunate death and his cremation; it’s also a play at the thought that although he came to a tragic and much too early end due to ignorant circumstances, his ideas still endure. It also has the same sort of ring to it that your original does (I think, anyway)…

Turing Remains

There’s also Turing Powerful, or Turing Equivalent.

Or you can just fuck it, and go with one I thought would always make a kickass band name:

Wookie Crossbow

I had tons of great suggestions when I did this sort of thing a short while ago. You’re welcome to any of my leftovers if you want. :wink:

a) It’s spelled Wookiee
b) It’s called a Bowcaster.

As for username, I always thought “Oceanic Panic” was cool.

But for a geeky one, try “Captain Jack Harkness” or “EmCeeSquared”.

I’ll keep suggesting this until someone takes it:

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Ok, i goofed on the spelling of Wookiee, and I know-uh it’s called a bowcaster. However, Wookiee Bowcaster doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as Wookiee Crossbow.

Do it Ice Cream, DO IT!

Egdar

Felony Cheese Making/Maker
Slim Oyster-Hiatus

Joe the Plumber is still available.

What about something like Failed the Turing Test?

The Poonologist
Thionite Days
Teddy Bear Picnic
Helldog
Sears Poncho

Good ideas. I really like Wookiee Crossbow, but I don’t think it’s for me.

I checked out that thread. I was surprised that Boozahol Squid, P.I. was the winner.

Nice. EmCeeSquared is a possibility.

Keep on suggesting. . . :smiley:

Egdar, why?

Creative, but not for me.

I like this. What about something like Turing Test: Fail or Turing Tested, Mother Approved?

Umm, no, astro. Just no.

I like “Failed the Turing Test” better than “Turing Test: Fail,” but the Kix twist is really good!