Neighborhood pet sodomized

[QUOTE=bdgr]
And true to usual media accuracy, it’s not a pitbull.

Not that that matters.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that too. I’m wondering if A) That’s the actual dog, they just slapped “pit bull” on the headline to make it more ‘sexy’ of a story, or B) It was a pit bull, they just slapped a stock file picture in the article.

I dunno.

Tripler
This is why I hate the media.

A reminder - that money and effort is being expended not because outsiders are saying “Oh…the poor horsie!” - but because its owners stand to make a lot of money from stud fees if Barbaro can recovery sufficiently to “perform”.

As to the general public reading news stories about the horse and sending cards and such - so what? Are they neglecting their families and ignoring weighty issues as a result? I don’t think anyone’s qualified to say that.

It all comes down to this notion that “if you pay attention to X, you’re ignoring Y which is ever so much more important”.

It’s a fallacy.

[QUOTE=shamrock227]
Also, if a person is the victim of a crime like this they can speak for themselves. They can tell the police what exactly happened, maybe describe their attacker, keep on the people investigating it. An animal has no voice.
[/QUOTE]

What’s that, Lassie? Timmy’s fallen down the mine shaft on the old MacPherson place? And he’s been touching you in ways you’re not comfortable with?

[QUOTE=catsix]
I like my cat, but I have absolutely no illusions that the cat harbors any emotions at all.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, your cat has emotions all right; they’re just not exactly like your emotions, nor a dog’s emotions. There’s little but emotions in the mind of an animal.

[QUOTE=Scissorjack]
What’s that, Lassie? Timmy’s fallen down the mine shaft on the old MacPherson place? And he’s been touching you in ways you’re not comfortable with?
[/QUOTE]

Now that’s funny.