Nerdy Confessions

Since mine isn’t about Buffy or Star Trek or Wars or a video game or something else on TV or in the movies or what have you, I’ll put this here. Mods, feel free to move this to Cafe Society if you think that’s best.

My confession is that when I think about the Wars of the Roses (not the confession), I feel very strongly pro-Yorkist (also not the confession) but, (this is the confession) I don’t know why.

Super Mario is my personal hero.

Oh yeah? When* I* think about the Wars of the Roses, all I think is how poor Edmund Blackadder got written out of history.

When I think of the Wars of the Roses, I think of the Kathleen Turner / Michael Douglas movie.

As a kid, I had a crush on Penny, the brainy girl from the Inspector Gadget cartoons.

I thought everyone did.

I had a crush on the girl in Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers.

I confess I’m still angry about Caesar’s assassination and the end of the Peloponnesian war, also the death of Alexander the Great.

I have a crush on Kim Possible.

I maintain a low-grade continual rage about the burning of the Library of Alexandria and the murder of Hypatia.

Those too.

And I had a crush on the boy from the Speed Racer cartoons.

I had a crush on Laurie Partridge.

Mario is a douchebag.

The kid with the monkey? Oh dear. :slight_smile:

I went to a lecture on the making of The Beatles’ album Revolver, and the lecturer featured a breakdown of the five tape loops they used on the track Tomorrow Never Knows - what the loops’ sounds were, how they were modified and then how the loops were mixed in live during the tracking of the song.

I squee’d in a big way.

Sometimes, when I’m painting D&D miniatures, I listen to *The Lord of the Rings *on audio book.

I STILL want a Dr Who (Tom Baker) scarf, I just have no idea how I would ever wear it. Tom Baker stopped being the doctor 31 years ago (and yes, I used to watch Dr Who 31 years ago.)

I’m in love with Daria.

Hah! I actually had my aunt knit me that scarf… 32 years ago. I still have it somewhere around here.

I totally don’t remember the monkey. Matter of fact, I hardly remember anything about the show. I haven’t seen it in over twenty years. *I don’t want to. * Let it stay a pleasant memory.