Netflix - The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On (IMHO the low point of "reality" TV...and that is saying something)

I generally hate reality TV (except for “The Amazing Race”).

But, I was watching a YouTuber and he mentioned watching the Netflix show, “The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On” and it blew his mind (which I came to realize was not in a good way).

Curious, I started watching the first episode and right from the start I was having a hard time with it.

The tl;dr premise is a dozen or so couples who have been dating for a while have one person in the relationship who wants to get married and the other is not sure. So, they will all swap partners and live with them for three weeks and see what happens.

My jaw hit the ground.

IMHO I can tell all of those couples right now that they should not marry the person they are currently with. If you think I am wrong watch 20 minutes and see if it changes your mind.

Reality TV is notoriously bad but this…a new low.

Wasn’t this the premise of a Black Mirror episode?

Nah not a new low. There’s a ton of trash tv out there right now. I watch a lot of it! :laughing:

This show is made by the same team who made “Love is Blind” also on Netflix. People meet by speaking to each other while isolated in “pods” (so they can’t see each other) and then some couples attempt to get married to someone they choose before seeing them.

There was a show a year or so ago where the contestants dressed up in animal masks and went on dates with each other, neither one seeing who was behind the mask.

There was “Fuck Boy Island” where women tried to hook up with actual nice guys and avoid “fuck boys”.

And then there’s the whole “90 Day Fiancé” empire. That is absolute bananas. All trash.

If you’re surprised by this show (which I agree IS trash) then you have not had cable tv for a while, I can tell lol