Nevermore to the Poe toaster?

The Poe toaster didn’t show this year.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/ap_on_en_ot/us_poe_mystery_visitor

I’m hoping that it’s just because we’ve reached 201 years from Poe’s birth, and that nothing terrible happened. Any way you slice it, though, it sort-of saddens me. It was one of those cool little mysterious things in life. :frowning:

Ah, that is so sad. Maybe life just got in the way for once and s/he will be back next year.

I was pretty depressed by that, too.

I am also kind of pissed off when I realize I missed yet another better screen name in rosesandhalfbottleofbourbon.

I was thinking this would be about a failed product that imprints Edgar Allan Poe’s face on every slice of bread you toast. I know they make Jesus toasters.

I told the kids about it at school. I’d been hyping it for a few days and was stunned it did not happen.

Very sad indeed.

It maybe that the stranger has died… this interval could be in memoriae of Him… and the monument of the dead dies and in its place comes… silence. Evermore, to be the call of nothingness, and in his stead the passing mantle.

I remember that a note was left at the grave a few years back that stated “The torch has been passed” and I hoped that it meant that a new generation would keep this tribute alive…

Or he could’ve thought “200 years. It’s time to do something different now.”

Starting this year, he’ll be leaving a dead octopus on the grave of H.P. Lovecraft.

The new guy started making football predictions is notes left on the grave. Perhaps we’re better off without.

Football predictions?

For a second there, I thought we got rid of a bad poet.