New breakfast cereals

Geesh, hey are always coming out with new breakfast cereals and yes, I admit that some of them catch my eye and I just have to try them.

I’m sitting here munching on a handful of grape-nut O’s from Post and I gotta tell ya, they are pretty dammed good! (plus on sale for $1.67!!!)

Anybody else wanna confirm that or turn us on to another new cereal thats pretty decent?

Contestant #3

Mmmmmmmm, Reeses Puffs…
Addicting!!!

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

Warning…“Oreo O’s” Disgusting! It’s bran and tastes like bran. The end.

Phew!!
Thanks voguevixen, I almost bought those the other day.
I just wish cereal weren’t almost as expensive as gold.
I saw an interesting one, I might get it the next time I go. Quik brand cereal turns your milk into chocolate milk.
I wish I could drink milk like I did when I was a kid, it just gives me a stomach ache now.

pat

Grape-Nut O’s are great! Try them with blueberries or strawberries.

Dammit Slythe! We’ve agreed in two different threads in the past 10 minutes! (responses to bashing, and now this one!)…you wanna agree with me in the liver thread and try or the trifecta?

Contestant #3

Dammit Slythe! We’ve agreed in two different threads in the past 10 minutes! (responses to bashing, and now this one!)…you wanna agree with me in the liver thread and try for the trifecta?

Contestant #3

I think you dropped the "f"ing letter on the first post.

Yes, you are correct. I didn’t want to pass up a chance to send another “f” word your way!

Contestant #3

I’m not sure about new cereals, but I’ll tell you that Craklin’ Oat Bran is the greatest cereal ever made! Actually, I haven’t seen that stuff in a while. Do they still make it?

Adam

“Life is hard…but God is good”

As a youth, the “cool” cereals were the at-the-time (relatively) new things with marshmellows, chocolate, sugar, and new green clovers.

While my younger siblings went coo-coo for cocopuffs, I was and remain old school. Corn flakes. Rice Crispies. Milk and a little sugar. Yummy.

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
rockuniverse.com/cmc/cmc.html

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

Well, I’ll jump into this little lovefest and note that I also bought Grape-Nuts O’s (not at as good a sale price as C3, but I had a dollar-off coupon, so the end price was lower). One night I opened the box and started snacking on 'em, and they were pretty good. But to disagree somewhat, when I put 'em in milk the next morning, they weren’t all that great. I probably won’t bother buying another box (even though I have another coupon :slight_smile: ).

I’ve never actually had Grape Nuts (or at least not in my adult life such that I can remember it) – do these O’s have anything really to do with 'em? Or is it just an advertising ploy?

My favorite cereal is Sugar Corn Pops however, milk gives me sinus headaches so its definately more of a treat than my main sustinence (like it used to be!).
Just a word of warning: don’t ever buy the Kroger brand of Grape Nuts. They are truly disgusting. My husband likes them but…uck!

Also, if you take Grape Nuts and put milk on them and then stick them in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, they make a great warm cereal (with sugar). They do have a tendancy to get a little soggy with the milk cold. They are also good with fresh peaches and Dannon vanilla yougurt. Yummy.

Most of the new cereals are too doggone expensive. I’d like to try those new ones from the “Country Inns” (ever see the ad?) but not for close to $4.00 for a small bag. Fergedaboudit!

Cracklin’ Oat Bran is really good but is also like buying a box of gold - expensive.

And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss
of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so
wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth
of vast eternity can fill it up!
-Charles Dickens “Dombey and Son”

Hot Grape Nuts … a wintertime breakfast spectacular.

Gotta agree with ARG on the Cracklin’ Oat Bran… man that’s tasty! Problem is, its fulla fat. Ain’t that allus the way?

Lately, I’ve been on a Frostest Flakes kick. Man, they brighten up a dull mornin’, Lemme tell ya!

“Owls will deafen us with their incessant hooting!” W. Smithers

What I want to know is this :
Whatever happened to Apple Jacks?
I used to love them as a kid.

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

Apple Jacks are alive and well in NY…What I want to know is what happened to Boo-Berry? My very favorite cereal of all time, bar none…
I still see it around now and again, but its a rare siting, and usually calls for a celebration!

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.