New CBS Ronald Reagan movie appears wildly biased - What does CBS gain with this?

The CBS movie appears to be a “Presidency of Ronald Reagan” movie. The leading actor, is in fact playing the role of “Ronald Reagan”.

Primary Colors was a comedy that although elements of the movie were clearly borrowed from the events while Bill Clinton was in the Presidency…it was never intented to be a movie that documented the/or portions of the Presidency of Bill Clinton.

In fact the author of the book (of which the movie was taken from), clearly stated many times that the book was not written to reflect the Presidency of Bill Clinton.

He proved the conservatives are right when they say actors don’t know anything about running the country. Doesn’t that count for something.

I have to see this.

I have seen nothing but ass-kissing right AND left at times when it comes to Reagan. It’s about bloody time someone did this.

I hope they include Alexander Haig and Jean Kirkpatrick throwing mud at the characters of the four US churchwomen who were murdered by the El Salvadoran government.

But, but… they tried to run a roadblock!

:rolleyes:

And of course, they were packing heat. Nuns do that, you know.

Were they? I’d forgotten that bit.

Of course, I couldn’t “Just Say No,” so I sometimes have trouble remembering some parts of the Reagan administration.

Yeah, I remember all during the Reagan presidency how everyone was so nostalgic for the wonderful Carter years of gas lines and stagflation.

Considering that the US GDP grew from $4.90T to $6.36T between 1980 and 1988, one is left wondering what the hell you are talking about? I guess it must be those sky-high inflation numbers that appeared during Reagan’s terms. Oh wait, that was during Carter’s presidency…

Accurate or not, it was marketed as a roman a clef of the Clinton presidency. And it was a major motion picture with a giant Hollywood star. This is a TV mini-series. The point is, Hollywood would not “scream bloody murder” over a movie that was critical of Bill Clinton unless it broke the cardinal sin of not being profitable. You know it’s only a matter of time before we get a Clinton television biopic, and it’s even money if it’ll premiere on NBC or Skinemax.

I believe Haig tried to insinuate that there was “firing exchanged.”

Someone called him on it, and he denied that he meant that the nuns were shooting. What the hell did he mean then?

What a jerk.

I thought they’d tried to kill you with a forklift.

Coming this fall, the latest film from John Waters: Nuns in Heat Packing Heat, rated R, for Hot Nun Action!

Typical Hollywood leftist bullshit. I don’t know why anyone is surprised…I am not even shocked enough to be outraged by the way the Hollywood liberals play fast and loose with history. They HATE Reagan with a passion, because he was the greatest president of the second half of the century and he had the temerity to be a conservative Republican.

Hollywood is so left, it created that leftist bastard, Reagan.

Wait a minute…

Could they have a fantasy sequence where Elliot Abrams’ testicles are chewed off by wolverines? Just a thought.

I thought the Reagan presidency was a low point in American history… at the time. Nowadays, GWB is making me nostalgic for the 1980’s. At least Reagan knew how to tell a joke.

Actually, they hate him with a passion for being one of the most corrupt and incompetent presidents in US history. At least, that’s why I hate him, and I’m not all that far over to the left. Gotta cite for where they’ve lied about anything in this movie?

Why do liberals and lefties always say republican presidents were stupid? That’s incredibly arrogant and condescending and just cheapens your arguments.

let’s see… the country in 1980 or the country in 1989… if you prefer 1980, then so be it. Move to Russia, I think that’s what we were like at that time if it’s so close to your heart.
“I just want to repeat something somebody said earlier, which I thought was brilliant, which is what they do in Hollywood is they soften up their subject like Ronald Reagan. They show some nice pictures. They say some nice things about them that they can’t deny saying nice about them. They do it to soften them up, and they’ll put the dagger in. And this is what they did in the movie “Nixon.” They softened him up in a sentimental way and then stuck the knife right in: he’s a drunk; he’s a bum; he’s a bad guy, a crook. That’s what they always do out there. There is a prejudice that they don’t know out there in Hollywood. And I think in this kind of case it’s too bad you can’t sue the bastards. Because what is happening here is clearly, these are late hits.” - Chris Matthews, Hardball, October 21

Why do conservatives always say “why do liberals always say”?

Just because the country sucked in 1980 doesn’t mean everyone should move to Russia. That arguement died in 1989 anyway, good job trying to revive it with this crock o’ crap. I enjoyed my ketchup as a vegetable that Reagan said it was, after all, he was the best president ever! Selling arms to terrorists? Best President EVER! AIDS got you down? well, soon you’ll be too dead to care, sinner! Best president EVAR!!!11!!1!!1 I hope this movie has Reagan eating puppies and sacrificing virgins to Ba’al, so maybe the right has something legitament to complain about. But as it will probably be a grey dipicition of a morally grey man, it will get panned by those with Reagan statues in their backyard, after all, Reagan IS Jesus!

Yeah, those bastard liberals, painting such an unflattering picture of an honest, upstanding, God-fearing president like Richard Nixon. For shame, Hollywood! For shame!

I’m too young to really remember Reagan. (all I know is the price of candy kept going up at the MiniMart when he was president) The rest I guess I’ve been brainwashed from the liberal media or something b/c all I’ve ever heard about is his handling the aids epidemic, the Iran/contra scandals, and his pandering to the rich. So I’m more then willing to be enlightened. What are the highpoints of his presidency? The only thing I ever heard was his monumental buildup in weapons helped bankrupt the USSR. (and I swear I’m not being sarcastic if anyone has a BALANCED website on him link it please)

Well, he supported the idea of women’s rights, I think, because he let Nancy feed him his lines a couple times.