New Chick Tract- "Fairy Tales?"

[QUOTE=Monty]
I thought it was just a lame copying of the Good Idea Fairy (copyrighted in 2005). Speaking of copyrights, please tell me the lyrics ol’ Jack quoted are copyrighted and Jack could be in hot water for that.
[/QUOTE]
That song is old enough that the copyright may no longer be in force. Even if it is I would think it would fall under fair use.

[QUOTE=Speaker for the Dead]
I think she represents all the people who protested at prayers in public schools.
[/QUOTE]
Obviously. I just find it amusing that she looks so… school marmish (if I may coin a term).

[QUOTE=Ensign Edison]
It’s just fantastic, this one. A work of art. I personally own a hard copy of every Chick track, and I look forward to adding this to my collection. I could start ten threads about how weird it is to view them pre- and post my recent conversion to atheism. I never believed in Chick’s Christianity before, except now I see that I did.
[/QUOTE]

Go for it. :slight_smile:

Ouch, Harry gets top billing on the wanted list… right next to Osama.

The best part of this is definitely the “Who’s Who” of god-haters though, lol.

[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Pagans are evil people?
[/QUOTE]

Of course they are. That pic put me in mind of my friend/roomate who was a bleach blond homosexual wiccan who spent several months making his own ceremonial knife. A teenage faggot polishing his knife…I’d like to send Chick a picture in the hopes it would give him nightmares.

<snip>
[QUOTE=betenoir]
A teenage faggot polishing his knife…
[/QUOTE]

Is that what they’re calling it these days? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Rhubarb]
<snip>
Is that what they’re calling it these days? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/QUOTE]

Well it was a real knife, but as long as it gives him nightmares I don’t care :smiley:

[QUOTE=Dunawake]
Ouch, Harry gets top billing on the wanted list… right next to Osama.

The best part of this is definitely the “Who’s Who” of god-haters though, lol.
[/QUOTE]

But if you look at Osama, there is someone to his right - so either Harry (if the list runs from most wanted to less wanted across the page) rates higher than Osama on the wanted list, or some unknown criminal mastermnind (possibly The Riddler) ranks higher than Osama (if vice versa)

Also, and I may be ignorant of such things, if he is on the FBI’s most wanted list, wouldn’t that make his crimes Federal crimes and arent executions for Federal crimes realtively rare? I guess that means Harry *was * one hard-arse mofo then.

mm

[QUOTE=mamboman]
…some unknown criminal mastermnind (possibly The Riddler)
[/QUOTE]

I go by the name Puzzler these days. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t bother reading Chick Tracts anymore. I just read the “JACK CHICK PIT” threads

One thing about Chick tracts, the best ones achieve a near-hypnotic wealth of vagueness and incoherence fully equal to the Bible itself.

What exactly did Harry’s hellbound parents get him for Christmas anyway? Okay, there’s a toy Godzilla and a telescope, but what is that one other gift that Harry seems especially enraptured with? It appears to be a simple T-shaped yard tool of some kind, with a “Superman”-derived merchandise label. A lawn edger? Manhole cover opener? Does the fact that it’s apparently glowing have any significance? Is it somehow the true key to understanding Harry’s downfall?

[QUOTE=Terrifel]
Really? Everyone said Harry Potter wasn’t real… but I’ll never stop believing in him, ever! Cuz you promised he was real, and you’d never lie!

…Right? Harry Potter is real… :frowning: right, kaylasdad99? :frowning:
[/QUOTE]
Well, that’s the creepiest thing I’ve seen in a while. Yikes. And that drawing of Osama for some reason makes me think of Buddy Christ.

That Chic Tract can’t be the whole story. I mean it leaves absolutely no time for Harry Garner to chase John Cusak aound, demanding “I want my two dollars…! I want my two dollars…!”

[QUOTE=Terrifel]
One thing about Chick tracts, the best ones achieve a near-hypnotic wealth of vagueness and incoherence fully equal to the Bible itself.

What exactly did Harry’s hellbound parents get him for Christmas anyway? Okay, there’s a toy Godzilla and a telescope, but what is that one other gift that Harry seems especially enraptured with? It appears to be a simple T-shaped yard tool of some kind, with a “Superman”-derived merchandise label. A lawn edger? Manhole cover opener? Does the fact that it’s apparently glowing have any significance? Is it somehow the true key to understanding Harry’s downfall?
[/QUOTE]

I believe it is a pogo stick.

[QUOTE=davidm]
That song is old enough that the copyright may no longer be in force.
[/QUOTE]

No, Santa Claus is Coming To Town is still copyrighted. Written by J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillepsie, published by EMI Feist Catalog and Gillepsie Haven Music. I was myself curious if quoting two lines is considered fair use or not.

Now that I look at that closer, Blythe dolls are pretty scary up close. Although they’re cuter from a distance.

will can’t never tooth magical money money never Santa Claus when? very knows knows good believe Santa never know Right? love never ever! tell you I’m Easter egg Easter Bunny you The day that changed Harry- forever no Everybody liars! lied Kill arrested. Breaking News death identity youth shut down cope tied down? protection. help me! liars real pretended Gulp! God Jesus Right?-ANSWER ME! You lied to me! You promised you’d never lie! just No!- You’re liars! never strangled deserved not You’re next told you hard question fairy tale fool is important don’t all Humph! how Jesus never still does filled their everybody else’s. feared hated betrayed without mercy. rose anyone you lie! any God died slapped captured death don’t yes do! believe never still don’t everything no fairy tale!

Well, some of it makes sense as experimental poetry.

Jamal’s cool. I can tell because he says “Yo”.

[QUOTE=mobo85]
love never ever!
[/QUOTE]

Band name?

Are Harry’s legs just really really short, or is he contorted in some say while strapped to the bed?

Whoops, gotta go. I’m way behind on my “killing people who told me that Santa’s not real” list.

[QUOTE=davidm]
I’m trying to figure out who all of those “evil” people represent.

Some are obvious. There’s a murderous islamist (Has Uri Geller been messing with his knife?), a witch, a paleontologist (or archeologist), and (I think) a North Korean general. The woman in the middle of the bottom row looks like an old maid librarian atheist, or something. What does the burly guy with the pentagram on his forehead represent?
[/QUOTE]

I like the look on the face of the paleontologist/archaeologist. Seems pretty bent about something. Maybe he ordered pork stir fry for lunch, and found a chicken leg bone. So he’s insisting on a refund.

And count me among those who don’t get this one. Thematically, Jack’s birthed a mutant this time out.

[QUOTE=GLWasteful]
Thematically, Jack’s birthed a mutant this time out.
[/QUOTE]

Huh. Evolution in action.