NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 1)

Yes: you are correctly reading the words that you are seeing. Why do you doubt what you can see?

I knew he was a doctor; didn’t know what kind. Oh, an opthomologist. Who got pissed off at the American Board of Opthomology and created his own “board”. Full of family members. 'Nuff said.

I remember his father, Ron Paul, as a Libertarian. At least he was honest. Rand is a POS. Haven’t followed Rand before, now I’m happy I didn’t. I can start ignoring him again.

I’ve been filling my SM feeds for 5 years with cracks about disgraced ex-president Trump being the American Antichrist, and today CPAC2021, sorry, CPAQ2021, trots out a golden statue of him.

You cannot make this shit up. Even if you do make it up, it just becomes true.

On a positive note, sacrificing your own soul to Hell so Jesus can hurry up to save the Libs is pretty noble.

I’m not even Christian or Jewish and the first thing that brings to mind is the golden calf from the Old Testament.

It’s facing the wrong way. How are they supposed to get back there and kiss its ass?

The LA Times cartoonist had a similar thought a couple years ago.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvH1BjoXYAIj2pe?format=jpg&name=medium

Exodus 32:

31 So Moses went back to the Lord and said, “Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. 32 But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”

33 The Lord replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. 34 Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

35 And the Lord struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.

What’s weird is that many of these CPAC people are Christian, so you’d think they’d recognize the reference.

For a given value of “Christian”, I suppose.

:open_mouth: oh my God, is COVID a retroactive punishment for the Golden Trump Idol?

They’re doing their best to fulfill the prophecies of the last book in the New Testament, including the bit about falling for the Antichrist.

To be fair, sacrificing your soul to Hell so Jesus can save the libs is pretty inspiring! Go, Qons, go!

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the obvious…that thing’s HIDEOUS! I mean, the head is way out of proportion, whoever though the US Flag shorts was appropriate should be keel-hauled, and whoever made up the face must have had no pictures of Trump to work with…So of course Herr Donald will love it…

Perhaps whoever created the golden idol was pranking CPAC?

I have given this some consideration as well, given it is a strong possibility.

He only said that he would support Trump if he was the Republican nominee. I don’t think that this should be a surprise to anyone, and I have no doubt that he would follow through on this. Yes, McConnell thinks Trump is a destructive force who encouraged his supporters attack on the seat of our government, siccing a lynch mob on his own vice president in an attempt to destroy the very fabric of our nation, but its not as if he’s a Democrat.

Well, He is omniscient so it’s a preemptive strike.

Mighty poor aim, though.

He’s always been a false idol of gold.

Right wingers on social media call this the portrait of an “Alpha Male.”

Is that the inspiration for blue steel from Zoolander?

I concur, and I’m remembering the time someone passed out Russian flags at CPAC. The organizers then violated the FREEDOM of the attendees by confiscating the flags and denouncing the “false flag” operation.

It’s easy to pull stunts like this off, because CPAC conservatives are all incredibly stupid. I still wish that CPAC cancel culture hadn’t silenced Milo Yiannopolis the year he was scheduled to speak. I’m normally not in favor of that noxious troll speaking anywhere, but I really wanted to see the “I won’t get within 10 feet of a woman that’s not my wife because God” crowd smiling and clapping and pretending not to be horrified as Milo rambled on and on about how cool he was for sucking the dicks of black dudes.