New Years Fun

I don’t really drink - I know it’s shocking for a teenager - or do drugs. I want to do something fun this new Years that will be cost effective and not involve intoxicating substances… something fun enough to get my substance abusing friends to join me :slight_smile: I have the use of my house, so maybe something fun to do with a party… theme, activity etc. Grazi.

“C’mon, it’s not even tomorrow yet…” - Rupert

If you need a graphic solution, http:\ alk.to\Piglet

Me and my fellow seven-fingered Americans recommend fireworks…

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

Not to discourage you, but your substance-abusing friends will either be no-shows, or will show up with friends of friends (of friends of friends of friends of friends) and bring their own substances. Here’s my experience with kids that were supposedly the less-substance-abusive types.

I once tried to arrange a “respectable” NYE party at my house for members of my fraternal youth group and its sister organizations.

It was supposed to start at 8:00 pm. Beside me and one of my “brothers”, only one 13-year-old girl and her mother showed up. After about 30 minutes, they left.

He and I waited until 11:30. When nobody else showed, I went to 7-11, got a six-pack of beer (drinking age was only 18 then), and my friend and I brought in 1985.

I guess what I’m really looking for is an activity that would be alternate to drinking that would appeal to my peers…

“C’mon, it’s not even tomorrow yet…” - Rupert

If you need a graphic solution, http:\ alk.to\Piglet

How 'bout acid?

Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek, but I don’t think you’re gonna get anyone who does party to not party for NYE 2000.

I don’t know about NYE, but coming up on Dec. 22 is the last Winter Solstice of the 1900’s…and we are blessed with a full moon!

Go howl at it.

Condoms are pretty fun when used properly. I believe teens still like free love, don’t they. Also if you propose it as a viable alternative to drugs, you may have a few more female takers.

A full moon and winter solstice … too cool. I know where I am gonna be on the longest night of the year!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas