Newer Music for Older Folks

Ohh, Iron and Wine is really good. He is a great songwriter and has an amazing voice. If you dig him check out also,

Nickel Creek(not to be confused with Nickelback, who blow) and Calexico
(Links to allmusic.com, not youtube so you don’t have to worry about videos popping up when you check them out.)

The album that Iron and Wine did with Calexico is fantastic.

I just thought of one thing: if you like Coheed and Cambria but also like adult-oriented contemporary progressive/folk, you might want to check out the Prize Fighter Inferno. It’s Claudio from Co&Ca’s side project, and it’s the same in that it is all theme albums about the same world, but done in a mixture of modern rock, electronica, acoustic, and contemporary adult progressive.

Some tracks I wouldn’t think twice about hearing on an adult college hour alongside Peter Gabriel and folk singers, others I’d expect to hear in a club. But again you have to like Claudio’s singing which does get to be the emo-est of emo whines sometimes.

No way, man - that was a lovely, poignant video.

Wow - influenced by Jackson 5 much? :slight_smile: I like this band - great sound.

Please do - I’m interested.

Since you liked them, let me throw some more links at ya.

TV on the Radio just might be the best band making music today. They are all over the place with what they do, but in a really good way.
Their new album is called Dear Science, and is (from what I can tell, I haven’t heard the whole thing yet) sorta poppy and in that singles vein.

Their last album, Return to Cookie Mountain, may very well be the album of the decade. The Ok Computer of the 2000’s.

You tube links to album cuts

Wolf like Me
and
I Was a Lover

With Golden Age thats three different sides to their music. They are jaw dropping.
Lots has been posted about Magnetic Fields on these boards, so I will not add anything other than they are really worth checking out. They are quirkier, but well worth listening to.

As promised here are links to some of the electronic tracks I´m talking about, if you like them, let me know, and we can work something out:

Most of these songs are of different genre in electronic music

I reccomend that to best enjoy most of these songs:

1. Have a good bass on, not too strong, but make sure its crisp.

2. Have good speakers, they make a big differene with these type of songs

3. Don´t play them too loudly, at first.

4. Give them time, this is a different genre.

5. Some of these songs you have to learn to like. Sometimes its best to listen to them without expectations. Kinda like bouckground music while your doing some work, or cleaning the house. It will hit you eventually.

Enjoy!