NFL 2022: Week Seventeen Seconds

This paragraph confuses me. The Seahawks and Packers did not split a season series.

Found the wording of the rule I struggled to describe:

So the Seahawks beat the Lions straight up, which is why they’re ranked 7th right now ahead of the Lions. The Packers don’t enter into it, because step 1 quoted above applied division tiebreakers to boot them out of the conversation before the Seahawks even get involved.

Steelers win a good game against Ravens

Pittsburgh has gone from 2-6 to 8-8 and have a shot at the postseason although they have to win next week,and some other stuff.

Yes, I totally screwed up that explanation. I should have written:

if the Packers and Seahawks both finish 9-8, Packers will win the tiebreaker, by virtue of a better conference (NFC) record.

And left it at that.

My apologies.

If only Ron Rivera had known that. :roll_eyes:

I honestly don’t understand how the Commanders could lose on the day they introduced Major Tuddy:

The Washington Commanders: facing the challenge to lower expectations each and every week.

I’m feeling very creepy about the outcome of that injury we just saw on MNF. I don’t want to say out loud what I think is going on, but I think a lot of us are thinking it right now. Damn it.

Administering CPR apparently

Yeah, I just heard that too. I repeat. Damn it.

He looked like he took a head/neck injury, “got his bell rung”, then stood up, fell back down…
CPR on the field? Has that happened before?

Scary stuff. For those who didn’t see, Hamlin made a big hit on the runner, stood up after the play ended, then two seconds later just collapsed on his back.

He wasn’t moving at all after he collapsed. Not sure how you continue this game.

It looked like a hard hit right under the chin while Hamlin was making the tackle, but no worse than a lot of hits you see every weekend. He got up, shook his head, and went down backwards, hard.

CPR for an extended period of time? That sounds pretty bad.

Yes I can’t see how they will all get back in the game.

True. I don’t really feel like watching it anymore.

I was thinking the way he went down reminded me of Miklós Fehér, Hungarian footballer. One second he was fine and then he just flopped on his back and he was gone. Heart problem.

They are giving the teams 5 minutes to “warm up” and get their heads together after a 20 minute pause. If it wasn’t the most consequential game of the week, they’d probably have postponed it. I think they might anyway.

Are there rules for both teams agreeing to take it up another time. I get there are a lot of practicalities to rescheduling.

I hope they do. This sucks.

And now they are suspending the game and heading to the locker room. It sounds like they might continue tonight if the players want to, but I can’t imagine that happening.

I guess they could resume the game if word comes that Hamlin is OK.

The broadcasters are so rattled, trying very hard not to state the obvious.

Oh man, this isn’t good.