NFL 2022: Week Seventeen Seconds

I thought it was the hit to the head, but isn’t there a condition where if you take a hit just right to the chest at just the right moment, it can interrupt the heartbeat? A one-in-a-million type thing?

Reportedly, he had a heartbeat but wasn’t breathing on his own. They used an AED and CPR on the field.

Kids have died playing Little League baseball taking a ball to the chest over the heart. It’s very rare but absolutely does happen.

When I saw him collapse I immediately was afraid of the hit to the chest, not the head.

It was Posted on Wikipedia that according to a Fox reporter Joe Dannenman he has a heartbeat but not breathing on his own. Take that for what it is worth, apologies if passing on bad info.

Yes. Sudden cardiac death (SCD). Was reported with youth soccer a bit some years ago.

They have to postpone this, but I have no idea how they do that. Resume tomorrow night?

Exactly my question.

Can you do a mutual forfeit and just declare the game a tie and let them go home to their families?

Still no official word, but some players are reportedly undressing and the equipment managers are gathering equipment on the sidelines.

Looks like the Bills are packing up sideline equipment. Guessing this game is done for tonight.

Looks like the game may be over for tonight. Equipment is being removed from the field.

But no official word, as has been noted.

Anyone know if there are any rules for games being suspended for a day or so. Would they just restart from the same point or start the game from scratch?

Saw something on a Bills chat board that there is report Hamlin is at hospital, intubated, critical condition.

There is a rule, they restart from the exact game situation when it was suspended.

Thanks

Considering the circumstances, I’d be okay with just awarding the Bills a win, you know, for the effort.

Game is officially suspended tonight, no word on reschedule yet.

Terrible flashback to Darryl Stingley. Though watching this was obviously worse.

It’s being reported from some sources that the NFL told the teams to keep playing, but the two head coaches refused to continue.

I’d believe it, the amount of money lost in gambling and it will affect fantasy as well.