NFL 2026-2027: Week 3

Having a 3rd qb on the team, and he can play? Imagine that.

Watched the condensed version of last night’s game because of a close fantasy matchup. It’s fun to see Keenum doing well but man it tears me up inside as a Giants fan watching that. The envy is real.

You know what I really liked seeing? At the end of the game, in the victory formation, Keenum snaps the ball and immediately kneels. Love it. Kudos. Meanwhile, my bush league Giants try and milk multiple seconds between the snap and the kneel. Both Dart and Winston did it. I hate it so much. Uncouth.

So I guess we just have one thread for the season now, cool.

Are we not supposed to talk about the week 3 games in the week 3 thread?

I honestly don’t know. It’s possible that @Railer13 made the Week 4 thread too early.

I’m confused why we need parallel threads honestly.

The Week 3 thread is to discuss the games in week 3. The Week 4 thread is for games in week 4. We can simultaneously continue to discuss last week’s games in this thread while looking forward to this week’s games in the other thread.

I guess it’s just ambiguous what the difference is.

I mentioned in the Week 4 thread that I’m not confident about the next Seahawks game despite how bad their opponent was because they lost in Week 3 against another bad opponent. And my comment spent more time talking about what happened in Week 3. But it’s still a comment about Week 4.

It’s hard to figure out what thread that post belongs in.

I’m not trying to junior mod, I just don’t get it. I guess maybe the best approach is “who cares”.

Yeah, mostly this. Take your best guess, no one’s going to stress over it.

IMO, I’d always put something like your example in the new thread because 1) it’s analysis of last week specifically in the context of the upcoming game, and 2) you’ll probably get more active discussion in the current thread.

Thanks, that’s helpful. :slight_smile:

The referee announcement of a TD more that he was in shotgun and therefore an eligible receiver. That’s irrelevant - once the defense touches a forward pass, ANY offensive player can catch it. In week 2 this year, a 49ers guard caught a pass after it hit a Dolphins D-lineman. Thus giving the 49ers’ offensive line one more reception than sacks given up.

well, we could ask, does a Monday game count as a week 3 or 4in case of Bears/Eagles?

The Monday night game is always the last game of the week, so it would have been a week 3 game.

Which is why I start the next thread on Tuesday morning.

The season starts in the middle of the week (on a Wednesday in this case) so it’s just common sense that a week is Wednesday-Wednesday, and Monday is at the end of the week. I mean, I guess that’s one way to look at it.

(Usually there are no games Tuesday or Wednesday of course.)

Being a Bears fan who watched the team featuring the likes of Dave Krieg, Rick Mirer, Moses Moreno, Cade McNown, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Jonathan Quinn, Todd Collins, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon, Trevor Siemian, and Nathan Peterman as quarterback, I do appreciate seeing Case Keenum going out there and killing it on the field.

It was actually painful reading that list. LOL

The hits keep on coming for the Packers.

WR Jayden Reed, who suffered a neck injury in week 2 against the Jets, needs to have surgery, and will miss the rest of the season, though the team indicates that the injury (and surgery) are not expected to be career-ending.

Green Bay had had a large WR corps the past two seasons, but traded away Dontayvion Wicks, and let Romeo Doubs go in free agency, as they chose to focus on Reed, Christian Watson, and Matthew Golden. Skyy Moore will likely move into Reed’s role as the #3 WR.

Another gentle reminder:

Week 4 thread