Ok, let’s do it. By popular demand, here’s your SDMB NFL Sports Betting Extravaganza for 2013!
This is going to be an extremely open and flexible competition. Bettors will be able to wager their money in pretty much any way they could wish.
Risk $0-$2000 each week. Minimum wager is $100, otherwise structure your bets however you wish. The amount of money you list as your wager is the amount of money at risk (i.e. how much you stand to lose, not how much you stand to win).
Basically, any NFL wager you can find offered at Pinnacle Sports, you can make. (** Be sure to select “American Odds” in the top left corner! **) You have to include the odds of the bet (so not just Chiefs -3.5, but “Chiefs -3.5 -107).” Use whatever the odds on the site are at the time you post your bets – we’re on the honor system.
In Week 1, everyone has an additional $3000 allowance for making futures bets (win totals, division winners, etc.). You can still make futures bets after Week 1, but they’ll be drawn from your regular $2000 weekly limit.
You can bet **teasers **using the odds from this chart.
You can bet **parlays **using the odds from this chart.
– Late entrants to the competition are welcome, if you miss a week here or there it’s no big deal, etc. That said, this will be more fun the more active people are. To be eligible for the official title, an entrant must wager a total of at least $10,000 over the course of the season.
– All bets are final: once you can no longer edit your post, you can no longer edit any bet contained therein.
– You don’t have to make all your bets at one time. Any time you post a second set of wagers for the week, please label the post as Bet Sheet #2 (or #3, #4, etc.). It’s helpful but not required to copy and paste your previous bets from that week onto your most recent Bet Sheet.
– Self-reporting your weekly results is also helpful but not required, but please only do so if you’re confident you can tabulate the results accurately (it can tricky, especially when you’re dealing with teasers and such). Especially helpful would be listing the $Won/Lost for each individual bet (so that any mistakes can be more easily spotted).
– Pinnacle does offer live odds during games, but, at least for now, please no wagers on any game once the kickoff has occurred.
– Standings will be updated approximately whenever the hell I feel like it. No, no, that’s not quite true. I’ll try to post updated standings every week, but part of the appeal of structuring the contest so loosely is that the administrator has less work to do, so I’m sure I’ll fall behind once every so often.
– Suggestions for minor rules tweaks/improvements are welcome, though mostly this is the structure we’ll be using.
– Please don’t hesitate to ask questions if you’re unsure about anything. I’m sure I’ve missed a thing or two here. Would anyone like an explanation of teasers/parlays? Or really anything else?