NFL Week 4

I really love Sunday morning NFL football. I don’t feel guilty about not doing work around the house, too early to do stuff with the kids, so I get a couple hours of guilt-free NFL while having breakfast. Nice start to the day.

After Josh McCown completely dispelled the idea last week that he somehow gives the Browns a greater chance to win, it is an absolute joke that he’s still starting.

Not that they didn’t probably play better than the Bills, but the Giants got every single call from the refs today.

So, how aggressively should we be reevaluating the whole “Chip Kelly is a Genius” theory? Philly kinda looks like crap.

The Panthers finish the first quarter of the season undefeated. They head into their bye with a few injuries to heal, and then they have a tough road game in Seattle, and games against Indy and Philly that looked more daunting before the season started. They aren’t playing great football, but doing enough to win. Shaq Thompson is playing well, which is helping a lot while Kuechly is out. Josh Norman is playing out of his mind. Cam is playing a more controlled QB and running like his rookie year. On the other hand, Atlanta looks legit too, but they don;t play each other until December.

I suspect it’s one of those “good coach killed by giving him total control/GM duties” sort of situations.

Four an oh for my Bengals. Dalton is playing lights out right now thanks to an impressively good offensive line. D-line sacked Alex Smith five times today. Jeremy Hill rushed for three TD’s. The CHefs kicked SEVEN field goals! Life is good in the 'Nati.

I’d add in a pinch of “the NFL has adapted to your system” with a dash of “the egomaniac gets a well deserved come-uppence” thrown in to taste.

Packers get another win. Kaepernick throws for 160 yards and one int. Smiles abound.

I remember when most people thought Kaepernick and RGIII were better than Cam Newton…

For Halloween I’m going to dress up as a sieve and go as the Viking’s offensive line.

How about those Browns giving the Charger’s rookie kicker another shot at the winner? Who would have thought…

Locrian’s flown away from Eagles / Leaving just a memory / No snapshots of a decent victory / Locrian, WTF did you leave for me? / Well, Chippy, what’d you leave behind for me? / Chippy, fuck yourself ten times for me…

So which team needs a fan?? Ah, fuck that. GO PATS from now on. My Eagles hat is in the garbage just like the team.

It’s just too bad he has the brains of a fucking retarted pop-tart. What’s worse is that he thinks he knows what football is. He doesn’t. He’s a con artist. An asswipe from beyond the pale toilet paper only to be stained by the feces of egotism. This is the worst NFL team in history and the assfuck deserves it. His play calling is insurmountably bad, his GM status as good as a pop warner coach in Iran. He’s a complete fucktard and I am VERY glad to say my Eagles gear is in the trash where it belongs just like his little masturbation team.

So who needs another fan? I’m a free agent after 32 years (44 yo) and I’ll be the best Pats fan at this point. Shit, I’ll buy a Jaguars jersey.

I hope his pets get raped by a Jaguar. Hey, they have a better record in stopping the run and tackling.

Gotta love fair weather fans.

Not only did Kelly get rid of the best players he inherited from Andy Reid, and not only did he not adequately replace them, but he also made the classic mistake of focusing only on skill players and completely ignoring the offensive line. You can get away with that in college, but the NFL is big-boy football, and if you’re not winning at the line of scrimmage, you’re not winning anything.

Now how is 32 years a fair weather fan??

I just can’t do it anymore.

Well, I … I don’t know if it’s as bad as all that.

What? A pro football coach can’t afford pet rape insurance?? Guess that’s why he traded McCoy, our favorite lawyer! :smiley:

Seriously, send me a Pats jersey. At least they win.

Well, the Bears got themselves a W. Wasn’t pretty, but I’ll take it. Cutler was equal parts good and terrible, so pretty much exactly as usual. Fox scared the crap out of me with some cowardly play calling on the final drive but it worked out. Gould thankfully has a monster leg.

The defense is certainly better than I hoped they’d be at this point. McPhee looks like a heck of a signing and the linebackers haven’t embarrassed themselves.

I think the Bears are going to end up being the “good” bad team this season.

I’m a Lions fan. The Lions always need fans. We especially need ones willing to publicly admit it. We’ve haven’t been to a Super Bowl since… well… it’s creation. We did have a playoff win in 1991 though. We’re due for another in the next decade or so.