NHL: November 2010

Yeah, I’m thinking that was my fault. Let’s try again: The Blues are kidding themselves and will probably not even make the playoffs, let alone advance.

Kind of saw that coming. O’Byrne has been a healthy scratch for most of this season, and a good part of last season. I liked him, despite how boneheaded he could be (and those damn attempts to clear the puck via the glass never seemed to work out for him!) Good luck to him in Colorado.

Gonna miss at least part of tonight’s game - having dinner with my mom. What can you do? :slight_smile:

Mnemosyne, I can’t find where you mentioned it, but you made a comment about Joel Bouchard’s rather sizable hands. I never noticed until now, but damn, did Mme. Bouchard get jumped by a gorilla or what?

Elsewhere, in the soap opera that is the Maple Leafs, it’s been reported that they are searching for Richard Peddie’s successor as President of MLSE. While I think the guy has no hockey acumen at all (I don’t follow basketball enough to know about that side of him), there’s no denying he is a fantastically successful businessman.

I got called back into work, so I miss the Flyers 8-1 beatdown of my Canes. From what I hear, the only positive was that nobody died.

I know! Isn’t it freaky? They are so distracting whenever he’s on the screen, and it’s made worse by the fact that he talks with his hands! Half the time I have no idea what he’s talking about because I’m distracted by those gigantic hands of his.

Terrible Joke:
You know what they say about guys with big hands?

Damn those are big hands!

BWAHAHAHA! The Leafs have called up Nazem Kadri. So much for patience.

What a debacle this team is.

Kings home record now 7-0.

My Pens kicked some serious ass tonight – and the Flower is BACK. (6-1 against Tampa Bay)

Well, the D and some blind refs helped the Canes lose 7-2 to the Habs. Nice save on the LaRose goal attempt by Price.

Fucking sick save by Price on LaRose…I could watch that footage all night long and still wonder how he did it! He’s been downright awesome since the start of the season - I never doubted his talent, since it was evident, but his confidence was always a question. I think he’s proving that he’s a damn good goalie after all, when he works for it! (Though I’ve admitted it before, I’m a Price apologist, in part because I think he’s cute!)

And really, much, much more of the blame falls on your D than on the refs (though I admit to a few oversights, I also think everything that was called was fair…I missed the first 15mins of the first period, though). 'Canes D fell apart tonight, and somehow every single person expected to score for the Habs managed to do it. Damn fun week for a Habs fan!

ETA: though if Markov is seriously hurt, I might just hold you personally responsible.

The fourteen-year-old daughter of Ottawa assistant coach Luke Richardson committed suicide. Condolences to the whole family, who must be going through hell right now… :frowning:

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Forget the NHL and the money and the teams and the rivalries…that isn’t right. At fourteen? Fuck.

Babchuk(aka “suckass” ) and Harrison(aka "Pylon Jr.) accounted for most of the goals and quaiity shots on goal. Congrats to the Habs for making the most of the opportunities.

Bring it!

Yep. :frowning:

I love the young talent on Edmonton, but this is getting ugly Rangers winning 8-2. The Oilers have left Khabibulin in there for the entire game. I guess the Bulin wall is coming down!

Big test for both teams tonight out in the Pacific…Kings @ Sharks.

I started voting for the NHL All Star game today. Interesting that Dion Phaneuf was listed on the ballot, but I had to write in Sergei Bobrovsky.

CAREY CAREY CAREY!!!
41 saves, third shutout of the season, and against the fucking Flyers at that! Loving it!

And holy fuck, are the Flyers ever a dirty team.

You sound surprised.
(I hate the Habs, but I absolutely LOATHE the Flyers)
Tonight we’re up against the Canucks – the Sedin twins AND Luongo. Damn, I can’t wait until Jordan Staal is back!

(I was so disappointed that no one gave Avery the smack down he deserves on Tuesday. I was betting on Matt Cooke – that would have been sweet)

It’s been a few months since the ECF…I’d managed to forget quite how filthy they were. It really reaches awe-inspiring depths. I’m still amazed that they managed to get away with at least three blind-side hits (on Gorges, Halpern and Gionta), and not a single one is going to be reviewed or penalized by the league (and only one of those was actually called on the ice). Sending out the goons in the last couple of minutes of play stinks, too.

Did you read about Mike Richards bitching and whining like a pathetic child that Subban is too “cocky” and needs to show respect? I mean, seriously, respect for Richards? BWAHAHAHAHAHAA He actually said “You can’t just come in here as a rookie and play like that. It’s not the way to get respect from other players around the league. Hopefully someone on their team addresses it, because, I’m not saying I’m going to do it, but something might happen to him if he continues to be that cocky.” Is that a threat? Next Monday’s game is going to be interesting!!

I’ve seen lots of players on lots of teams get away with crap (Habs included), but it usually isn’t malicious and dirty. It’s like the Flyers’ sole purpose is to go out and maim someone. Halpern got lucky, but it’s clear they don’t give a fuck and sooner or later someone will get seriously hurt (oh, wait, David Booth already has…).

I’m going to come out and say it: if Subban wasn’t black, nobody would be talking about how “cocky” he is.