"Night Court" is getting a sequel series!

Produced by Melissa Rauch.

Cool. Loved the original. We’ll see if they can capture some of the same magic.

I really like the original, I will have to try this.

John Larroquette is pretty much always good so that helps and I do like Jersey Girl Melissa Rauch. she’s very funny.

Seems the Facebook post I initially read about this was incorrect: Melissa Rauch has no plans to be in the cast.

Wow. I loved the original as well, so I guess I’d have to try this.

According to Variety, so “L.A. Law” and “All My Children”.

I’m not sure what to make of this effort.

The original show was great and Larroquette is great in most everything he does. Seriously, I consider John Larroquette to be an unfairly under rated actor who never achieved the level of fame I thought he was due.

With that being said, I’m not optimistic about this project. If they want bring back Larroquette as Dan Fielding then fine. Build an entirely new show structure around how the character would have grown and changed in the decades since the original show. This show just sounds like the same format with Dan still being in the same position in the same court. Ehhh…why?

IF (and that’s a huge Effing “IF”) it gets out of Development Hell then I’ll give it a shot.

I hope they bring back werewolf lawyer Sparky Monroe.

The articles call Dan Fielding “former night court prosecutor” so he presumably has moved on from prosecuting in night court.

Underrated, if you don’t count four consecutive Emmys for Night Court, another for The Practice, a bunch more Emmy nominations, a Drama Desk Award and a Tony Award.

Only if they bring back Brent Spiner as Bob Wheeler!!!

“Never, honey. Never in a million years!”

I guess I would have liked to have seen more of him on the big screen. His Hollywood feature film appearances were solid but didn’t really feature his talents. He was a supporting character actor and not the top of the marquee. With his leading man charm and good looks, acid wit and flawless comedic timing he could have been, IMHO, among the top tier, A-list Hollywood elite.

There’s any number of reasons why this didn’t happen. It’s certainly possible that Larroquette just simply didn’t have much interest in a career in feature films. The fact that he didn’t have as many big movie roles as I would have liked doesn’t mean the door wasn’t opened for him.

But the new show is still built around an “unapologetic optimist judge Abby Stone, daughter of the original series character Harry Stone, as she follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court. She tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Fielding (Larroquette).” It sound like basically the same format. Fielding may have a change in title but then what is he doing there?

The magician died a few years ago.

Very few of these TV series revivals or reboots have managed to capture the magic.

It is weird to me to see JL in Black Sheep Squadron (Baa Baa Black Sheep) reruns.

Brian

Maybe he finally got promoted and they have a new Asst. DA?

Exactly. Because it’s magic. You can’t engineer that kind of a perfect storm of chemistry, writing, etc.

Then with the promotion, why is Fielding hanging around the kiddie table of the Manhattan court system? Supposedly with his promotion he would have bigger fish to fry.

I realize that I’m wildly overthinking this. This show doesn’t even exist yet and it sounds like I’m complaining because it doesn’t make sense to me. That’s not what I’m attempting to communicate. I just hope it makes sense when it’s actually presented to us.

Why not? DA Vincent Daniels had to slum around night court a few times to keep tabs on Dan.