No Monkees Reunion? Cool...but what's with this?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/10/music.monkees.reut/index.html

I always knew most of the Monkees weren’t interested in doing a reunion, but I had never heard that Mickey, Pete or Mike were jerks to people or that there was a falling out between the three of them and Davey Jones. Has anyone heard anything to that effect?

Gotta admit, these guys are a happy trip down memory lane for me (but my heart remained true to the Beatles!).

Thanks, Kalhoun, you’ve triggered memories which have forced me to admit to myself that there was a time when I considered Revolver and Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn and Jones to be similar artistic achievements.

The Monkees have had several reunions, including ones with all four, so the title of the OP surprised me. The article, however, says that they’ve gotten together, even as recently as all four in 1997 (which I wasn’t aware of – I knew about earlier gigs).
Maybe they should get as many together as they can and start a rumor that the ones who don’t show up are dead, and plant clues on the posters…

I’ll bet you were wearing jeans with 1" wide white stripes (and a 3" white belt) when you thought that! :wink:

I got you beat - I thought the Monkees were *better * than the Beatles . . . :eek:

I watched **Head ** over the holiday weekend - that movie cannot be truly appreciated straight/sober, but I sat thru the whole thing anyway - there was some serious weirdness in those fevered little simian brains

Pete and Davey were touring together a while back – they came through the Chicago area.

I think the reunion of 1997 was when Jones, Dolenz and Tork were playing in L.A., and Mike Nesmith came up on stage for a couple. It may have been a little more involved than that, but it wasn’t an entire tour - just one (or maybe two) shows.

And I knew there were personality conflicts within the band, but Davey sounds downright nasty in this interview.

Didn’t Nesmith just kind of wander away from one of their reunion tours? I know I’d be pissed at such unreliable behavior.

Not that that solely explains how sour Jones has become.

Didn’t Nesmith just kind of wander away from one of their reunion tours? I know I’d be pissed at such unreliable behavior.

Not that that solely explains how sour Jones has become.