Nobody Jumping on latest Bush fumble? What's wrong with you guys?

I’d prefer a kitten and an ice cream cone.

God, I love the Daily Show.

I too have noticed the relative lack of talk about this versus what I expected would happen.

It may be karmic vengeance for the relative lack of comment about Bill Clinton’s promise to “Make America’s neighborhoods more liberal…errr, LIVABLE!” in the state of the union address not once, but twice! I think that was much more funny since the gaffe was repeated and Clinton is usually such a glib speaker.

Well, I’m too busy chuckling over Alan Keyes, the swift boat debacle, and June’s job creation figures to pay much attention to Bush’s latest verbal stumble. We’ve been there, and done that soooo many times before.
I wonder how Bush will change his definition of corner to fit this latest nasty turn of economic events? Maybe he’ll start talking about tesseracts or Klein bottles tiled with pentagons? “Our economy has passed through the hole that isn’t there!

Tell me about it. I used to play around with a little forex, and let me tell you, the dollar sank like a rock this morning. I would have made a killing.

Please do not lump the stupid American voters with the smart American voters. Some of us prefer a candidate who actually reads the newspapers and can think on his own two feet.

You do realize that the difference here is within the margin of error for the poll, making it a statistical tie, don’t you?

Frankly, I am flabrergasted that Kerry didn’t get a nice bump in his poll numbvers from the DNC. That does not bode well for November.

So am I.

Why? More than 80% of the voters have made up their minds - there aren’t that many people to get a bump from. From here on out, I think the issue will be who gets bumps among voters in Ohio and Florida and a few other places - probably nothing even resembling a 5 or 10% bump after a convention.

Funny you should mention that. World Eater, since if you take your member name from Warhammer 40K, you might want to know that that just raised the price of the stuff I was going to get direct from GW UK by about $10…

(if you didnt take your name from that, then you’ll have no clue what that was about…)

I’m a huge Bolt Thrower fan, which led me to GW stuff. I don’t play, but I’m a big fan of the art, and the story behind it. I probably know more about the 40k universe then a lot of players though. :stuck_out_tongue:

My memory is hazy. Were there this many threads about Clinton when he was the Tyrant in Chief?

Sure were and, as I recall, you started the ones december didn’t start. :smiley:

When I heard it, my first thought was that His Lamest Ducksterity was joking, that that was another lame example of his idea of a joke to loosen up the crowd. (He likes to clown around, you know.)

Like, “look at me! muha-ha-ha, the mighty dictator, plotting evil - and half you guys are still behind me.”

Then again, I heard the line out of its context. But he said it so very deliberately that to me it seemed like he said it on purpose.