North Korea: What's next?

It’s amazing how that happens once people start calling the other guy a madman. It happened with pre-war discussions of Saddam, it happens in discussions of Iran, and now it’s fucking over discussions of what to do about North Korea.
-Oops, almost forgot bin Laden, mustn’t forget that madman.

[QUOTE=Squink]
That sounds like you’re just making crap up.
Can you produce a certificate to validate your statement?
[/QUOTE]
Well gee Squink, the guy portrays himself as the son of god. You can either believe he’s crazy, or start praying to him. I don’t care.

The man is the political head of a country that desperately needs the basics like food, water and energy and his only concern is maintaining the 5th largest army in the world. I’m no going to bicker over what brand of psychosis he suffers under.

[QUOTE=John Mace]
While I agree with your conclusions, let’s not get carried away with the Kim = loon hypothesis. He’s actually operating in a perfectly rational manner if we assume that his primary goal is to remain in power in one of the most repressive regimes that we’ve seen in the modern era. Assume he is a loon at your peril. I think the guy knows exactly what he’s doing.
[/QUOTE]
As the leader of his country he’s not capable of rational thought as it applies to his “cinstituents”. He’s pissed away all his countries resources to maintain personal power which would include the death of any NK that gets in his way.

[QUOTE=Magiver]
You can either believe he’s crazy, or start praying to him.
[/QUOTE]
So you’ve got nothing but a false dichotomy to back up your claim.
Whether we think the man is crazy or not, we still have to deal with him. How does assuming he’s crazy advance our ability to do that?

WHOOPS!

No radiation!

Of course, it ain’t a final result, but given the relatively small blast size, & the lack of rads, it’s begining to look like Crazy Kim gets a new Title: King Of The Bullsh^tters! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Magiver]
Well gee Squink, the guy portrays himself as the son of god.
[/QUOTE]

I think you’re confusing Kim Jong Il with Sun Myung Moon.

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
I think you’re confusing Kim Jong Il with Sun Myung Moon.
[/QUOTE]

An acceptable (and official) alternative name for Kim is “The Sun of the 21st Century.”

A prophetic name, indeed.

[QUOTE=Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor]
WHOOPS!

No radiation!
[/QUOTE]

WHOOPS
North Korean Fuel Identified as Plutonium!

So just how does Bush blame Clinton for this with a straight face?

[QUOTE=Squink]
WHOOPS
North Korean Fuel Identified as Plutonium!
[/QUOTE]

<sigh>

NKS.O.B.! :mad: :wink: :smiley:

At least I started with the appropriate “whoops”.

Bush: U.S. will stop N. Korea nuke moves

Slam DUNK!