Northern VA Dopers! Great empanada joint in Fairfax! (No, not Julia's)

Let me get this out of the way: I love Julia’s Empanadas. They are wonderful. This is not them.

There’s a bakery right near Pickett Road and 236 that has fantastic empanadas. I think their storefront just says “Bakery,” and they’re not marked on Google Maps, but here’s the plaza they’re in. I just stopped in today, and their empanadas had this delicious, crispy crust that was wonderful. Two empanadas and a can of soda was around $6, and their empanadas are about half the size of a Julia’s, so they’re about the same portion to price ratio. I can’t decide whether they’re better than Julia’s, but they’re not quite similar enough to compare. They certainly are at least as good, and a heck of a lot closer to me than any place I know of that serve’s Julia’s.

I will definitely be revisiting this hidden gem and I feel compelled to spread the word. I’d have passed the place right by if I hadn’t been looking for a new place to try.

Mods: Normally I’d put a food post in Cafe Society, but since this is so area-specific, I figured that MPSIMS was more appropriate. Feel free to move it.