Not many people know that...

If the salt in the sea could be removed and spread evenly over the Earth’s land surface it would form a layer more than 500 feet thick, about the height of a 40 story office building.

Man has landed on the moon six times and spent almost 300 hours on the moons surface (not all EVA). Yet man has visited the deepest part of the worlds oceans, Challenger Deep in the Mariana’s Trench, just once. In 1960. For 20 minutes.Man has visited the deepest part of the worlds oceans, Challenger Deep in the Mariana’s Trench, just once. In 1960. For 20 minutes.

Has man visited the deepest part of the worlds oceans, Challenger Deep in the Mariana’s Trench, just once? In 1960? For 20 minutes?

Yeah, but what I wanna know is, when did man visit the deepest part of the world’s oceans, and for how long?

And, most importantly, how many times?

This is all very fascinating, Genghis, but I would really prefer to know when man visited the deepest part of the ocean. When? How many times? My mind hungers to know.

Look, he’s answered your stupid moon question. What I came to this thread looking for was an answer to the following questions:

1. Has man visited the deepest parts of the ocean?
  2. How many times (list dates please)?
  3. For how long?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Mariana’s trench sounds like a nice place to visit and 20 minutes sounds about right. I doubt my wife would let me, though.

Just be careful what you put in there. You could get trenchfoot.

Screw the trench… it’s the amount of salt in the sea that has me puzzled. If you were to remove it all and coat the earth with it I wonder just how thick of a layer that would form? Hmmm… beats the shit outta me.

Visit the Marianas Trench, for 20 minutes, or until topping has melted and turned golden brown.

Yebbut, you’ll only want to do it once.

When did you want to go again?

Ah! They’re 1960s style depth rays.

Just proves that man would rather shoot his load into space than go down in some trench. :smiley:

We need a thread, like the Consecutive Thread Titles ones, that take into account statements and the usernames associated with them.

Let’s compare apples to apples here.

300 hours on the moons sruface compared to how many hours on the earth’s surface?

And how long have we spent at the bottom of the MOON’s deepest ocean? I bet it’s less than 20.

Niiice.

What’s the deepest point in the Sea of Tranquility, I wonder?

If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end…
I wouldn’t be a bit surprised.

Holy crap. This is a funny thread. Thanks, guys, for providing my lunchtime entertainment.

You’ve seen the original, right? If not, you should, though its humor may be fatal.

Are scalar weapons for real?

I have a serious question:

If we removed all the salt from the sea and spread it evenly over the moon,would we spend more time in the Challenger deep?

Bah, this is nothing. I know of two guys in Italy that once visited the bottom of the Marinara Trench. Saucy fellows if you ask me…