NoteWorthy Composer 2 Question

Can I get one voice to play ahead of the beat?

I have just bought a registered copy of NoteWorthy Composer 2. I wanted it mainly to document some stuff I’ve written and to maybe learn to read and write music better than I do (not have to recite “Every Good Boy Deserves Fellatio” and wonder why it doesn’t work in the bass clef &c.) I also want to hear several parts of a piece of music together and see how they sound.

One thing I’m working on is a swingy thing that has drums, bass and guitar. It seems to me that the bass and drums should be right on the beat but the swinging guitar part should be a little before the beat. I could actually write it that way but I think the normal practice is to write the part as if it was on the beat and then any musician who plays it will just know to speed it up.

So can I ask NoteWorthy to play that staff ahead of the beat?

Pish posh - all real composers use Sibelius :wink: (Just kidding. I cut my teeth on Noteworthy back in the day.)

As for your quandry: As far as I know, there is no function that will do that for you. HOWEVER… you can create a duplicate staff, and tailor it to how you want it to sound. Mute the first staff, and visually hide the second staff.

With “view hidden staves” (or some equivalent function, I don’t remember the names anymore) turned off, it’s essentially the same effect as what you’re looking for.

Thanks Casserole. I’ll give that a try.

And I’m going to run right out and buy Sibelius the second my income doubles.