Now that it's cooler...how about an Arizona/Phoenix dopefest?

Oh, ME, ME. And I’ve been DYING to find a hiking partner…someone, ANYONE to hike with. I used to hike all the time but stopped because I hated going alone.

You have NEVER hiked Camelback Mountain yet? I LOVE that trail.

I haven’t done it in about a year or two, though…simply because I didn’t want to do it again without doing it with someone. Last time I did it it was it alone and in the pouring rain.

It is because it’s so hard on the knees. Basically it’s like steps the whole way up, just one million, tiny steps.

I’ve done that one twice, although the first time I did it, the party I was with did one of the circumfrence trails first and THEN started up the mountain, and by that time I was started suffering from minor heat stroke and had to turn back.

Damn, I’ve always wanted to do Camelback in the rain but no such luck yet. One time it rained right before I got there and that SUCKED. Not so much on the way up, but I was slip-sliding all the way down.

Avast! Enough land lubber chat!

So far we be havin’ established that th’ meetin’ be on Satterdee Octobree 11, we will set this t’ be a lunch around high tide.

This leaves th’ restaurant, one thin’ t’ notice be that Los Dos Molinos do nay take reservations, so we need t’ add wait time. Th’ Acapulco restaurant has a bar an’ ‘t does take th’ reservations (th’ reason why we use 't last time).

Please continue mentionin’ yer preferences fer th’ restaurant an’ if ye will attend.

Ya Mateys!

I think I’ll be there this time me hearties. I’m a Los Dos Molinos fanatic but if ye be swabbin’ th’deck at Acapulco often and can vouch fer its authenticity I’ll set sail.

Color me in.

Same here.

Oct 11 - I’m in!

So far for the October 11th meet we have:
Idle Thoughts
dalej42
Cisco
Mauvaise
Lady DeathKraft
DesertDog
GIGObuster
Possible:
malkavia
wmulax93

All the ones that are marked possible should confirm if you can come on the 11th. Anyone from the Phoenix area is welcomed to attend so please add your name to the thread.

Has anybody alerted ArizonaTeach to the existence of this thread?

By the way, after looking at Acapulco’s menu I’m switching my vote back to LDM. I’m generally not a picky eater but seafood is not my thang, plus I haven’t been to Los Dos in awhile and it’s high time!

Yeah, I vote for LDM too. For one, I know where it is, heh. For two, it was good food.

So far it looks like Los Dos Molinos will be the place, please add your name if you will attend and mention your restaurant choice.

Currently for the October 11th meet we have:
Idle Thoughts
dalej42
Cisco
Mauvaise
Lady DeathKraft
DesertDog
GIGObuster
Possible:
malkavia
wmulax93

Are we looking around noon? That day is Phoenix Oktoberfest, and I’m married to a proud, proud German-American. Oktoberfest is an all day event, but I may be able to swing by LDM for lunchish.

I think I’m still stuck on Talk Like Pirate Day" – I read LDM as Latter-Day Mates.

Has there been a decision on which LDM?

How will we know each other? Should I wear a carnation on my lapel?

The last Los Dos Molinos we used was the one in:

8646 S Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ

And it is right now the most likely choice.

I will make a sign saying “Cecil Adams Message Board Meet” so we can get together in the yard/bar of the restaurant.

We are aiming to have meet at noon, as a long wait is to be expected I will be there one hour in advance at 11 AM so I need to have a full count of the guests the day before.

Count me maybe. I will confirm one way or the other as soon as I can.

I’m in. Any time that day is good with me. Are we allowing spouses/partners/boyfriends/girlfriends? Or just dopers with a user name?

No.

Someone let him know!

:smiley:

Hmmm, October 11. I’ll see what’s going on.

If you can we can sit and drink and talk of large, 72 point font in Mafia games past.