Now that Ricky is out, what celebrities "everybody knows" are gay remain?

Toby Keith!

What’s the verdict on Val Kilmer? Anyone know?

I’m imagining a really progressive western. “This is bisexual territory. You must keep watch both ways if we’re to get through this territory alive…”. Starring Errol Flynn, Tyrone Power, Agnes Moorehead and Marjorie Main.

Other than being “fresh” re looks what is it about Ryan Seacrest that pings the gaydar? He’s kind of metrosexual, but he really doesn’t seem all that swishy.

Rick Perry. There’ve been rumors swirling around Texas for years that he was caught in flagrante delicto with a male aid at the state capitol.

Steve Martin certainly pings the 'dar.

J. Edgar Hoover and Clyde Tolson. It would truly surprise me if either of those two dead guys came out.

He’s not gay, he’s British.

Say what? Official announcement? Interview? What?

Matt Drudge.

Taylor Lautner.

Jodie Foster.

Whoopi Goldberg.

Oprah Winfrey/Gayle King.

In a perfect world…

Does Anderson Cooper count as closeted if he takes his boyfriend to the Oscars?

I still count it. He’s never introduced him as his boyfriend. The bigger question is ‘why was AC at the Oscars?’

Well, being Cher’s boyfriend would turn me gay (if I were male, that is).

Yeah, man. I’ve said before that Seacrest’s lack of a visible interest in women is not necessarily an indicator. He’s constantly working, and as such may not want to date or marry at this time. Meanwhile, he can easily have his physical needs taken care of with prostitutes (or random hookups, but more likely call girls, who are paid to be discreet). OTOH, they could be male prostitutes. Still, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Aside: Do gays or straight people have better gaydars, or is there no correlation?

For a lot of people mentioned here, I would not have guessed they were gay (eg Tom Cruise: what’s pinging people’s gaydar about him? Is it his looks, his actions, something else?)

Apparently Zachary Quinto, aka Sylar/Spock, is in the closet. I’m not sure if that’s widely believed enough to fit the OP’s rules.

I just thought that was general knowledge. She recently broke up with her girlfriend of three years. I don’t have a super reliable cite, but if you do a search, it turns up all over the place.

Tom Cruise - and my sources are in the position to know this with absolute certainty.

But at this point, who really cares anymore except Tom Cruise. He is such a whack job, I would rather he stay in the closet than be identified with my team.

There are quite persistent rumours about Jake Gyllenhaal as well, even from before Brokeback.

And it seems safe to say that any single man who has a child via surrogate eventually comes out of the closet. :slight_smile: