Nuclear War is it really coming?

The Apocalypse is coming so I shouldn’t carouse, get drunk, or . . . worry. OK.

Hey, Okieshowedem, do not pay much attention to some old crap written by ignorant sheepherders way before science was invented. It’s all fantasy and fairy tales. Believing anything said in that godawful, contradictory, bloodthirsty and immoral book called the Bible reveals a serious problem with logic.

And anyone taking the treatise in your link as serious, which says we should welcome the glorious nuclear war since it will be followed by fluffy bunnies for all, is seriously demented.

I thought we canceled the apocalypse?

You asked.

Hang on hang on hang on a minute! Hold off with the Nuclear War (sic). I’m still trying to figure out who your God really is. I skimmed like two pages of that other tome and all it did was convince me that my legal writing professors knew of what they spoke when they told me to put the conclusion first, because sure as fuck those pamphleteers didn’t.

Okay, I read the linked work. Here’s what I got.

Yahweh created everything right. Satan came along and screwed things up. Satan led people away from Yahweh and is still doing so today. Most churches are actually spreading Satan’s lies.

Yahweh told everyone that the world was going to end someday. The means of ending the world will be people having a nuclear war. It’s unavoidable.

So reject Satan and get right with Yahweh before the world ends.

[Saint Augustine]
We did!..

(Augustine looks around after the church now controls [del]Babylon[/del] Rome)

Uh, guys, now that we control Rome, this book is “no longer operative” as a ruler in the future would say…

I know, we will add the book for the symbolism, future generations will not consider it to be literal…
[/SA]

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/apocalypse/explanation/brevelation.html#augustine

Nice try Gus, you whooshed millions…

That Yahwek is sure a mean s.o.b. Why not just snap his fingers and have the cosmos pop like a soap bubble?

“Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.”

What kind of chicken-shit God is it who needs humans and their measly Plutonium to destroy the world? And why such a damn messy sort of ending? All that smoke, and fall-out, and stubble of cities. Piss poor drama. This is not a mentally healthy God.

So…Okie, why is this apocalypse different from all others?

The point the booklet makes is that God isn’t destroying the world. People will do it. If everyone just rejected Satan and listened to God then the world wouldn’t be destroyed.

The world will be destroyed some day, Yahweh or no Yahweh.

I think having a nuclear war would be a bad idea regardless of whether or not you believe in Yahweh and Satan. So I’d agree with the OP on that point.

Not necessarily. If there is a Satan and he and his army of hellspawn actually show up, vaporizing them all with nukes might prove useful…

Because in all other Apocalypses we eat both chametz and matzah . . .

Obligatory link

The world will be destroyed?

*Watch out for that small moon

That’s no moon …*

Nice one!

Over dew? I thought dew only developed on top of stuff. :confused:

I find myself wishing for rules in GD that require anyone starting a thread to clearly state his or her premise in the first paragraph.

Lots of great advice in the Bible, no matter what your religious views.
Anyone interested in being part of human society should read it and consider it.
Not everything is applicable today, of course. And some of it is pure nonsense. But there’s a lot to be learned.

“Build your house on a foundation of stone, not sand”.
-that’s practical advice from an experienced carpenter. :wink: