o christmas tree - it's a topsy-turvy world!

I figured out the problem boss.
Those trees where suposed to ship to Australia.
I wonder who got ours?
Oh well, but em on the self, they’re on the one hour ad.

I want one.

The Famous Christmas Store here in Austin has several of these, used to display ornaments, since the arrangement of branches allows them to dangle freely. Cavewoman dislikes them greatly, as they seem to loom over you in a way that pointy-end-up trees don’t.

Slight mix-up on my part…He was relocated from the US to our property

Not only that, but an allusion to a story more ancient still. Even now, parents whose children seem unappreciative of their lot, envious of others, will sometimes take them to a “special party” where they can see how the elite celebrate Christmas. The children are allowed to cavort in an opulently furnished room, opening expensive presents and playing with fabulous toys. Eventually, however, the children notice, suspended above their ungrateful heads and hanging by the thinnest of strands, the giant Douglas Fir, inverted so it points down at them like an 800-pound dagger poised to destroy them all.

The adults then take their chastened offspring home from the “Tree of Damocles” party, confident that, for a while anyhow, the little wretches will be grateful for every day their parents don’t have them killed. This is what’s called the True Meaning of Christmas.

King of Soup, that’s an inspiring tale. I may be forced to share it…

Actually, it’s the Anti-Santa tree. (No, nothing to do with Santa Ana) When the Clausemeister stops by your house and sees an upside down tree he thinks he’s in Australia and turns around to fly to the States. (Assuming his GPS device isn’t working.) Then nobody gets Christmas. UPRIGHT and UNITE! :dubious:
oH! oH! oH!

If I had one of those, I’d drive myself nuts trying to figure out how to wire all the ornaments in place, also upside-down, so it really looked like an upside-down tree. And the three would have to go all the way to the ceiling.

You know, this is starting to sound better and better…