Observations on the Flintstones

Frankd6, you’re not Ukelele Ike with a mask on, are you?

Frank–The only other credit I can find for voice of Betty Rubble is Gerry Johnson (1964-66). Betty’s not even included in the cast listing for “The Flintstones Comedy Hour” or any of the animated films. I sense more anti-Betty-ites at work.

Sorry, Ike I ain’t. But I’m flattered by the comparison.

Well, I guess the IMDB shoots my Croft/Rubble theory all to hell.

Back to the Great Gazoo – I recall a Simpson’s episode (probably one of the clips shows) where Troy McClure said that the next season would hold some surprises, including an obviously Gazoo-like character. Could this have been the episode which broke The Flintstone’s record for longest running animated series?

“Owls will deafen us with their incessant hooting!” W. Smithers

Arrrrggghhhh!!! that’s Simpsons episode, not Simpson’s episode. Nothing worse than violating one of my own pet peeves.

Well Harvey Korman (sp??) was the Great Gazoo, Lyle Wagner was also in a lot of episodes too.

There were a lot of other Betty voices on reincarnations of later Flintstones, but at least Gerry Johnson sounded something like Bea.

Was anyone disturbed about the length of the Flintstone residence? The number of windows? Dozens of identical potted plants and end tables? This is best illustrated when Fred is running through the house.

I know why it occurred… but it’s always bothered me just the same.