Octopus here's your own thread to shit all over

iiandyiiii, when you direct that indignation at the constant so-called mass slander that occurs here directed at your ideological opponents I’ll start to take your critique seriously.

If you see things that are out of bounds, you should report those things.

That doesn’t excuse you trying to hijack every thread you post in.

I know you don’t give a shit about what I think, but you and I have had some useful back and forth in GD at least. I don’t know why you don’t try and use your brain to be a positive example on this board. You’re conservative – post useful, positive conservative points of view rather than bullshit drive-bys. Rather than derail the Living While Back thread with off-topic rants about liberals loving power, join an interesting thread in GD and post cited opinions about, for example, home schooling, tax rates, and so on.

iiandyiiii is a great addition to this board because his posts are thoughtful, respectful, and interesting. Taking someone from another part of the left-right spectrum, Bone’s additions to gun rights threads, even though I mostly disagree, are similarly thoughtful and interesting.

If you’re not going to add value to this board, why are you here?

Pwning the libruls, obviously.

I do call it out when I see it – conveniently, you never seem to notice. But that I might miss some bad behavior shouldn’t be an excuse for your own bad behavior. Would you accept that kind of bullshit excuse from your kids? I bet you wouldn’t. You’re just lazy in everything on this board – even your morality on this board is lazy. No effort, worthless posts, useless poster. When was the last time you actually contributed something of substance to this board? I know you have, but I think it’s been years and years.

Sad. Lazy and sad.

Thanks for the kind words, RitterSport!

Report things to who? A set of folks who are governed by their own biases? Don’t be silly.

It’s telling that you only took one part of my quote to take issue to. That reflects your biases and your selective outrage. And the left does love power and the state. That’s the whole point in the left trying to exploit the power of the state to further their interests. Now of course, you are deceived in what those interests actually are but that doesn’t make you bad. Just naive/ignorant.

Now what does that have to with living while black? What institution do the police work for? The state. The taxman? The state. The executioners? The state. The judicial and penitentiary system? The state. The CIA, FBI, NSA? The state.

Who makes up the state and is enriched by the state? Powerful individuals who dupe the masses in order to personally benefit even at the expense of the nation as a whole. Who disproportionately is targeted and punished by the state?

I suppose, with President Trump in power, stating that the Left worships the state isn’t 100% accurate. But the recent discovery of the 9th and 10th amendment by the left and the so-called resistance and sanctuary cities that limit the power of the federal government are very short term anomalies in the long game. Which will be quickly forgotten the instant (D) follows the president’s name.

I’d love an example of this that you attribute to “the left.”

What do you mean by substance? Conspiring with others in years’ long gossip campaigns to smear and slander other posters? Spending years in threads impugning the motives of other posters in order to assassinate their character and put a target on them?

And if me calling out the left for worshipping the state is Pit worthy and 90% of the elections forum isn’t then the axiom of this place being an echo chamber shouldn’t be contested.

I thought you already agreed that everyone loves power?? Why are you again singling out the Left? And, do you think it’s only the Left who loves the state? Do you think the Left loves executioners, the penitentiary system, the NSA?

Well, in the USSR, you’d be right, but not in the USA. And, in Nazi Germany, of course, it was the Right that loved the state.

Anyway, you don’t need to answer this here, because debates in the Pit don’t work well, but if you wanted to start a debate in GD about how the Left loves the state more than the Right in this country, maybe I’d join in.

None of that is relevant to why I revived this thread! I revived it because you were trying to shift the Living While Black thread into a discussion about that debate, and it was completely irrelevant to that thread. And, by throwing out ridiculous non sequiturs like “the left loves power”, which you now agree applies to everyone, you were starting to derail the discussion there.

iiandyiiii, you’re one of my favorite posters here, because you (almost?) never go on rants, even in heated discussions about, say, Biden vs. Sanders. So, you’re welcome!

Here’s an example: https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=20015516&postcount=352

We disagreed on a lot in that thread, but it was an actual exchange of ideas, not endless whining about the board and brainless broad-brushing of millions of strangers. That was an actual contribution to the discussion – your ideas and opinions, laid out pretty clearly and reasonably. Even though I disagreed with much of what you were saying.

What are you whining about here? How about a cite, if you can muster up 30 seconds of effort?

Much of it is pitted. If you think more of it should be, feel free. This sounds like straw-man whining.

Oh, the fear is coming off you in palpable miasmic waves. Your hero has fallen and you can feel the rope running out…

Glorious! :smiley:

Regards,
MrDibble

Both the left and the right desire the power of the state.

The difference is, the left wants it to help people, and the right wants it to help them.

Either side can go to an unhealthy extreme. I would strongly argue that we are close to or even beyond the extreme on the right side, and have plenty of room to move to the left before we start approaching Stalin territory.

Right. I am absolutely terrified of you and your fellow parasites and your intellectually dishonest, integrity lacking enablers.:rolleyes:

Well put. Is that original?

That you ignore the actual answer to your questions and attempt to engage (with only mild snark :wink: ) in exchange for answering the post that’s pure mockery demonstrates what you’re interested in on this board.

Not that there’s anything wrong with pure mockery, of course.

Oh, yeah, I forgot how contributive you are in CS, GQ and GD, compared to me.

Oh, wait, that’s absolute bullshit.

Or, in other words, a racist troll parasite projects like a motherfucker…

What, the mods? I mean, that’s the actual reason we’re short one racist troll.

Would that it were two.

Happy Regards,
MrDibble.

HurricaneDitka was too stupid and too dishonest to have a chance to be a decent contributor to the board, IMO.

Shodan could be thoughtful, but he was too old and stubborn to have a chance of overcoming his racism, at least on the board (hopefully out IRL he’s reconsidering his racist beliefs).

But you, octopus, aren’t old like Shodan (and I don’t think your posts have been nearly as racist as his either – in fact, I don’t recall racist posts from you off the top of my head), and hopefully aren’t stubborn like him either. I don’t think you’re nearly as stupid and dishonest as HurricaneDitka.

But you’re lazier than both. Way lazier. They both frequently put effort into their posts, even if it was sometimes effort into trolling.

I have hope for you because I think laziness is a lot easier to overcome than old stubbornness, stupidity, or inherent dishonesty. So why not try making a different choice? Call out bad posts all you want, but why not also make thoughtful arguments and contribute to discussions? Why not stop whining about this board and its posters, but actually try and make a substantive contribution?

What, you didn’t find him telling black Americans to move if they didn’t like it there, racist?

Okay, I didn’t recall that one. Yes, that’s racist.

It was a post you actually engaged him on - it was in the Living While Black In America thread, but a *while *back:

Of course, that’s not the only racist shit he’s pulled. He loved him some scientific racism threads while those were still allowed. Not as a contributor, mind you, just as a snarker.

Oh, dear, did The Hive spoil those for you, octoputz? What a fucking pity…
Buzzing Regards,
MrDibblezzzzzz