odd sex questions that starts with some sort of complaint about previous threads (edited title)

Maybe I don’t understand, but in my experience “being married” and “just staying still” aren’t correlated. The range of my experience is very limited, but being an enthusiastic sex partner and being in love seem to go together much more commonly than “you just lie there when we have sex but I don’t want to get divorced so I will overlook that”. If that is what you meant.

It has been a while since I read the novel, but the distinction is that the word “copulating” is related to the word “couple”. “Fucking” (in this context) is something one person does to another person. Thus “copulating” is when both partners are equally involved and enthusiastic in the act.

It isn’t always and invariably that way. There certainly can be occasions where one person says “Lie still, sweetie, and let me do everything” but when that happens both people are equally involved emotionally, even one does most of the moving.

Sex, especially sex in the context of a marriage, is one of those things it is difficult to describe to a person who hasn’t experienced it. And even harder to understand.

Some risks are worth taking.

Regards,
Shodan

Any risks from such positions are miniscule, in the scheme of things. And they’re more than worth it.

Seems like this thread is proving the OP to be correct.

Umbridge appears to be seeking knowledge from a clinician perspective. Whereas many responders seem to be sharing from a personal experience and lack of understanding why such knowledge couldn’t be better gained from Umbridge’s own personal experience, as opposed to trying to learn from others.

Kind of like asking other people what does a tomato taste like, when the person asking has never tasted anything ever before. The respondents get frustrated and respond, with “why don’t you just eat one and find out?

It may be so, but in several nonhuman species, the male must pin or hold the female down somehow, or the female would move away and sex will end there. In rodents, clitoral stimulation is important to lock the female into position and raise the lumbar region dorsally. I suppose sex is different for humans.

Have you considered hands-on experience? Nothing will teach you more about sex than actually trying it.

Again, all of that might be true, but the risks are very slim and again you’re missing the reason most people have sex, it’s fun!

(100% of the sex I’ve had has been for fun, not for conception).

When you’re doing the deed, you aren’t thinking about the risk of penile fracture…

Yes, this is can be true for copulation and also for the walking 69. If my partner and I are standing facing each other and I lift her up and turn her heels over head, setting her face on my manhood and mine in her hooha, I can then stimulate her orally as I walk around the house performing chores on a Saturday, presumably those from my Honey Do List, and all she need do is hang on for dear life. I suppose she can bend her knees from time to time, like whenever we walk through a door opening, but other than that they probably should remain pointed upward and resembling a giant V as in Victory!

What assumptions? I see someone asking questions to better understand why you’re asking the questions that you’re asking.

That’s assuming that your questions are sincere; I have my doubts. But assuming that they are, it would help others to frame answers to you if they understood your situation.

That is the sentiment that many people have insofar as separating sex from reproduction, and I speculate that this sentiment involves a set of values, inspired by the “sex revolution” and “free love”. Some people do feel liberated by these values, but the implications of these values may contribute to a cultural divide, known as the “culture war”. Hence matters of sex become deeply political and emotionally involved insofar as distorting the viewpoint of the other side and refusing to reconcile and compromise.

Why does it matter? I merely want to know how people do it, because I am wondering about a quick, easy, and painless way to do it. The hymen is a thin membrane that may cover the vaginal opening and may vary in size and shape. On Urban dictionary, the erect penis’ diameter can be as wide as a cucumber. Assuming the missionary sex position, which is most conducive to conception, the hymen would either stretch or tear, causing pain, because the hymen-covered vagina is not the size of a cucumber. There will be also considerable pain during childbirth, as the baby’s head puts pressure on the bladder and the bowels, and the birth canal stretches.

Don’t worry, you’ll have approximately 40 weeks after sex, before you have to really consider these consequences.

I would disagree with you and say that the sentiment of having sex purely for the enjoyment of it has been around for a lot longer than the introduction of the “sex revolution”. And when I say longer, I mean throughout the history of mankind.

You may want to reexamine “quick.”

Do you think sexual intercourse was no fun, boring and a chore for everyone prior to the sexual revolution/free love movement?

“I have heard reports”…? That’s an odd (as in, formal) phrasing. Just out of curiosity, are you a medical professional?

In any case, it needn’t aid reproduction, not directly at least. Maybe this behavior was selected because it increased the pleasurability of sex, and of course, more sex = more babies.

The usual “I am no expert” disclaimer applies.

I wouldn’t know; I’ve never had sex with a mouse.

On the other hand, the weekend is coming up!

Regards,
Shodan

As I said to my wife on our wedding night - “Don’t worry - this will only take a second, and you won’t feel a thing.”

Regards,
Shodan

Yeah, I did suspect that. I think the pleasure component does have a role in sex: to not make sex painful. If you have ever seen feline mating behavior, you would notice that feline sex is extremely painful for the female cats. Human females have the hymen, and the stretching or tearing of the hymen can be painful.

I think I’m landing firmly on the side of “we’re being played,” here.

It’s been several decades since this was an issue for one of my partners, and even then, I don’t think it was much of an issue. But, at worst, it’s a one time relatively short duration pain. Sex, after that, is not considered “extremely painful” for female humans. In fact, there isn’t supposed to be any pain at all. Just pleasure, and lots of it.