Oh give me a fucking break. Duhbya's military records.

Now they have been found undestroyed???

Inadvertent oversight???

Oh well. Just when I thought they could’nt get any screwier.

What? You were pissed that were destroyed, now you’re pissed that they weren’t actually destroyed but only temporarily lost?

Or are you more pissed at this?

Why a new thread on this? Why not add a post to the old one?

Just curious.

Funny that they show up right before the Democrat’s nominating convention, conveniently providing some lightweight ammo. If any spin’s involved, it’s probably not from the direction you’d prefer.

Nothing new is revealed. This simply supports old allegations. Nationally, it’s probably only going to generate a tiny fizzle for a tiny duration.

Sorry, this leaves my hackles pretty darn flat.

The point is not the records themselves. But they swore to us they had been destroyed. Remember?

Now they aren’t destroyed?

Guess we all can say goodbye now. I get the feeling Reeder will be history once Coldfire sees this.

Can you read?

* About Bush, and;
* Not primarily about politics.

and this is pure politics.

Idiot.

Nah, that’d be unjustified. Bush’s long witheld war records are a legitimate topic of political discussion, and derison.
It’s pretty damned obvious now that Bush shirked his duty, and that’s a damn good motive for this months long paper chase. It remains to be seen whether anyone cares that the CiC is a slacker, in addition to his many other flaws.

That’s a matter of opinion. And has, as previously noted, this has already been done. Someone should bury you in a pile of chad.

How is any more obvious now? The records shed no new light??

Already been done?

They just today said the records weren’t really destroyed.

Got a link?

Of course you don’t.

Idiot.

You can’t read either??

It’s not about the records…it’s about them suddenly not being destroyed.

Damn, I’m surrounded by idiots who can’t read.

Reeder, just for shits and grins, just answer this question.

Isn’t it possible that Bush hasn’t any control over these records being lost or found?

I know it strains belief to the max on your part. And it’s possible, too, that this is not the case. But I am a veteran myself. Right now someone in St. Louis could be making paper airplanes with my military record. I’d never know about this, and I’d be powerless to stop it.

There are literally thousands of veterans in America who have been screwed out of important benefits because of lost or incomplete records. This is a common and tragic story, and yet the President’s case is somehow unique and nefarious? This doesn’t make much sense to me.

No, it’s not. If Bush had no control over the records it would not have been necessary for AP to file a lawsuit in order to obtain them.

Well, it appears friend Reeder is on some sort of apparently masochistic mission to alienate everyone, even those who are essentially in agreement with him, and may even be on some sort of subconscious suicide by mod mission.

But you know what the worst thing is that you can do to a masochist? That’s right, nothing! :smiley:

Maybe if we all just start to ignore him, it’ll stop his fun and he’ll go away on his own.

I was referring to spooje: “Why a new thread on this? Why not add a post to the old one?” The “old one” being the original military record thread. And you say I cant read?

Hey, it’s the Government. Filing lawsuits to obtain records is SOP. :slight_smile:

OH MY GOD!!! It’s a vast right-wing conspiracy!
Just not a very good one, I guess.
Christ, this sounds an awful lot like a record keeping error. General ineptitude of low level government employees.

Sure, I didn’t realize Bush was a full time archivist, in addition to his other duties. :rolleyes:

BTW, what military records of mine do you think you thing you have a right to read, Squink?

I’ll let you in on a little secret, it ain’t that many.

According to the National Archives, a veteran’s service records are protected by the Privacy Act. Unless a release is granted, all that can be legally released is:

Name
Service Number
Rank
Dates of Service
Awards and decorations
Place of entrance and separation

If the veteran is deceased:

Place of birth
Date and geographical location of death
Place of burial.

I don’t care how many damn lawsuits you file, you’re not getting around these provisions.

Reeder, from one future Kerry voter to another, SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Not completely though. I like knowing things like this and I often check the Dope before reading any other web site.

It is such a term of art, so subtly done. “No new information” Nothing to see here, move along, you looky-loos.

Fact of it is, no new information was required by those of us who see a history of a privileged person who felt no need to be vexed by rules and regs.

It could have been worded differently, and still be precisely accurate: no evidence has surfaced that might contradict the suggestion that the valiant Lt. GeeDubya was treated with extraordinary tenderness and compassion. If the same sort of stern and iron-assed adherence to the letter of the rules had been applied to him as was applied to several other men of my own acquaintance…I would have been very pleasantly surprised. I am a pessimist, I am seldom surprised. Sometimes ambushed, never surprised.