Oh my God, I LOVE this car.

Is it totally stupid to buy a $50,000 car?

It is, isn’t it?

This would be rediculous.

It gets terrible gas milage.

It would be crappy on snow and ice.

But I LOOOOVE. I want it! NOW!

GAH - I LOVE IT!

Would anyone like to buy me this car?

Well if you are going to run away, you could do it much faster in this baby.

[QUOTE=Zebra]
Well if you are going to run away, you could do it much faster in this baby.
[/QUOTE]

No doubt about it. But I think I might have a bit more trouble in Mexico with this car than I would with the '66 Chevelle that I was planning on.

But it’s so nice - did you check out the engine specs? GAH! I WANT IT!

While my true love will always be an Aston-Martin Vanquish, right now I have my eyes set on this baby:

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/murcielago.asp

Which is just as much of a waste. But oh so sweeeeeet. Retails at $279,900 though.

Here is more on the shelby mustang http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Ford/2007/Shelby_GT500/ it’s still only a Ford though :wink:

Check out this little electric car http://www.teslamotors.com/performance/performance.php for an alternative.

[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]

Is it totally stupid to buy a $50,000 car?

It is, isn’t it?

[..]

Would anyone like to buy me this car?
[/QUOTE]

So…how ya doing? :cool:

Yes have someone buy it for you, then take another 50 grand and have it kicked up a notch or two .

Hehe…

[QUOTE=alice_in_wonderland]
But I LOOOOVE. I want it! NOW!

GAH - I LOVE IT!

Would anyone like to buy me this car?
[/QUOTE]
Expensive to buy, but why not just rent one for a couple days?

http://www.svt.ford.com/
An absolutely beautiful car, without a doubt.

**Is it totally stupid to buy a $50,000 car? **
It depends how much money you have in your bank account. For some people $50000 is the same as $100 to others. I have seen people buy a $100,000 car for cash, trade it in two weeks later for a $25,000 loss, and buy a $150,000 car.

It is, isn’t it?
All personal opinion.

**This would be rediculous. **
Ridiculous.

**It gets terrible gas milage. **
If one is worried about gas mileage, they probably would not buy a car that is higher in price.

But I LOOOOVE. I want it! NOW!
Give it time, they will be on the used car market a few years from now for half the MSRP.

Would anyone like to buy me this car?

Shelby concept car. Yeah, baby.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Ford-Shelby-GR1-Concept-Aluminum-Body.htm

I saw that car run a track at SEMA. It just SOUNDS cool.

Sounds cool in the commercial, too.

Buy one. Buy two. Everyone buy one! Will keep my dad’s pension nice and healthy :slight_smile:

(If anyone really DOES want one - I can getcha the X-Plan, ya know…)

MMMMMMMM A Ford??? Beauty is temporary…unreliable is forever :frowning:

[QUOTE=Robot Arm]
Expensive to buy, but why not just rent one for a couple days?
[/QUOTE]
Here’s some more info on renting a Shelbly Cobra Mustang

I think Im going to call the huge Hertz “Palace” over at IAH.
If I could get one for a week, I would make every effort to make several road trips into a week-long event. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I’m back before I left, please leave me a note…

The biggest pisser is that I can’t even get it in Canada - I’d have to go accross the boarder and then pay more duty on it.

Regarding the price, I’d be able to afford it (at least in a little while), but the question is do I want to. It’s SOOO over the top. I donated my old car to charity in a bid to consume less. Buying this car would be absurd.

But I LOOOOVE it. Reading about it actually makes my mouth water.

BTW - for those dissing the Ford - hey, I’m not a big fan of Ford either, but if you’re going to buy a muscle car you kind of have to go North American, IMHO.

[QUOTE=ZipperJJ]
(If anyone really DOES want one - I can getcha the X-Plan, ya know…)
[/QUOTE]

I have a slight feeling Ford will not be offering the X plan on these vehicles. They usually only allow A-D-X plans are cars they tend to have a good amount of. They will be commanding over sticker for the pride of saying you have one of these.

[QUOTE=FormerMarineGuy]
I have a slight feeling Ford will not be offering the X plan on these vehicles. They usually only allow A-D-X plans are cars they tend to have a good amount of. They will be commanding over sticker for the pride of saying you have one of these.
[/QUOTE]

Heh - it always cracks me up when Dodge is having some sort of promotion or sale and they flash the Viper on screen and basically say “Don’t even think it for a second, Bucko.” :smiley:

Found On Road Dead

Just wait for the new Dodge Challenger .

You could look at it and it would make you happy.

:smiley:

4000 pounds?!?! Did they make it out of lead?