Ok, I give up: What is with men posing barechested (not at the beach) on the internet?

You are so right.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been waiting to say. I mean, unless in real life you’ve just removed your shirt to show your sleeveless undershirt, either because it’s hot or you’ve been working hard or you’re getting undressed to have sex with me. None of those apply to your dating website photo.

By the way, if you really want to show off your muscular torso? Put on your damned bathing suit and take a pool picture. If it isn’t your only picture and the rest of them have shirts on, that’s perfectly normal.

Y’know, this is relevant to something I always wanted to ask: Why do teenage/early twenties girls always purse their lips and make a goofy (but not funny) face when taking pictures of themselves for Facebook or other sites?

As far as I can tell, it accentuates the cheekbones and lips and makes the whole face appear slimmer. Also, once the number of photos like this hit critical mass, everybody did it because everybody did it.

Just because some women are not visually-oriented doesn’t mean no woman is. And just because society still tells us there is something unbecoming about women who actively express an interest in sex doesn’t mean that women are not essentially lusty animal creatures.

I’m all for pictures of shirtless men with nice bodies!

Aw, you lusty animal creature!