Ok, this is long enough, where was the Pizza Planet truck in The Incredibles?

A tradition in Pixar films is to put the Pizza Planet Truck somewhere in the movie.

It seems that the Pizza Planet truck appears on the freeway towards the end of The Incredibles as reported somewhere in Wikipedia, but when and where? What words are said or what action happens on the screen before the truck appears?

No idea, but i think it’d be a given that the Pizza Planet truck will appear in the next Pixar film Cars, the question is, will it have any speaking lines?..

Heh, just checked the IMDB listing for Cars, and take a look at some of the voice actorsin it…
Bob Costas … Bob Cutlass (voice)
Katherine Helmond … Lizzie (voice)
Bonnie Hunt … Sally (voice)
Ray Magliozzi … Clunk (voice)
Tom Magliozzi … Clink (voice)
Cheech Marin … Ramone (voice)
Paul Newman … Doc Hudson (voice)
Richard Petty … The King (voice)
Guido Quaroni … Guido (voice)
John Ratzenberger … Mack (voice)
Larry The Cable Guy … Mater (voice)
Darrell Waltrip
Owen Wilson … Lightning McQueen (voice)

Tom and Ray Magliozzi are better known on NPR as Click and Clack, the “Tappet Brothers”, they host a call-in car troubleshooting show, Richard Petty’s a retired NASCAR driver, what do you want to bet that Ratzenberger’s Mack character will be a know-it-all in this movie as well…

and you KNOW Larry the Cable Guy is trying to think how to work in a “Git 'er Done” into his lines somewhere (if he does, i’ll be the one in the audience groaning) :wink:

Don’t forget that Darrell Waltrip is another retired NASCAR driver and current announcer. Anyone else expecting at least one “Boogity boogity boogity” while the pack heads for the green flag?

Still looking, checking the WWW and the DVD, I see three possibilities:

1. It never appeared. Although it was reported to be on the freeway close to the end, the “sightings” are not specific, many others and me only report that they missed the truck. It could be that the style of the truck did not fit the era of the Incredibles and some websites reported that Brad Bird did not like to follow the Pixar tradition.

2. It was blown up, and they never showed the full truck. There is a car or truck with a similar front going up in flames just after Dash catches the omnidroid’s remote.

3. The truck was modified to fit the era, and the only similar yellow (with no rocket on top) truck appears in the background just when Mr Incredible -of the golden era- makes excuses to the 2 policemen on why Bomb Voyage got away and says that he has to go.

I don’t think the truck is there.
In the DVD commentary, Bird does say he included John Ratzenburger only with a sudden late rash of superstition, and the fact he did have an appropriate part for him.

I’d be slightly surprised if this happens, if only because Pixar has generally been good at avoiding such obvious celebrity-voiceisms in the past. They want their movies and characters to stand on their own, not to rely on Tim Allen’s/Tom Hanks’/John Goodman’s/Billy Crystal’s schticks.

As for the Pizza Planet Truck, I’m still looking, though I heard it was on the freeway near the climactic family drive to fight the Omnidroid…

I dunno nothin’ about a Pizza Planet truck, but there’s a nifty little Datsun 1600 (SPL311) sports car that appears in one of the traffic scenes. I had to stop the DVD to show Mrs. R: “Look, right there! Just like the one we used to have!”

I remember ‘seeing’ it at the same point. I think it was on an offramp they didn’t get on.

Yes, I know this is an old thread.

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Here’s a video where a boy says he found it.

According to Pixar Wiki, Pizza Planet pick-up truck is not in, “The Incredibles,” though it is in the video game adaptation.

Thank you for the info, burpo!

Look, I’m Woody! Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Since this zombie is back to life, might as well update things. The Pizza Planet truck is in Incredibles 2. It’s oddly difficult to find a still screenshot for some reason, but here’s a Twitter picture that someone took of their TV playing the Blu-Ray.

Well, yeah. The delivery guy was the guy the Screenslaver framed.