Oklahoma DopeFest

Is that anywhere near Eskimo Mo’s?

Okay.

We have…

**Qadgop the Mercotan ** and Mrs. Mercotan.

sewalk

Ginkgo who may have Ginkette with him.

Me, who may may have Jr. Ranger I with me or she’ll have to stay home and watch Jr. Ranger II.

Joe’s doesn’t take reservations, it’s a first come/first served arrangement. I’ll probably get there early to make sure we get a table.

I’m thinking about 4:00PM. Okay with all involved?

I’m emailing you guys my home number so you can call for directions or whatever else.

Well, I’m emailing everybody but sewalk, who needs to email me. :slight_smile:

Envy me, for I have spent several hours in the company of fascinating men.

Qadgop the Mercotan is a truely fascinating man with an amazing voice (The DJ in me picked right up on his announcer like powers :)). I can just hear him doing that low, Barry White-esque talkin’. The Mrs decided to stay and hang out with her friends in OKC instead of traipsing through the wilds of Yale, so we missed out on her.

Ginko is quite the cutie and just a doll and I think he has an interesting job, even if he might not agree with me. :wink:

sewalk, who was fashionably late, has had a very adventurous life in his mere 33 years. He was the baby of the table. :stuck_out_tongue:

And kudos to our waiter, Matt, who was amusing, attentive, and got to play with Qadgop’s digital camera.

[Yes, there are a few pictures. But you’ll have to wait until the good doctor gets home to see them.]

If I disagree with you, Arden Ranger, it’s with the “cutie” and “just a doll” portion of your post. I’ll agree, however, that it was a wonderful evening spent in the company of fascinating people. Let’s get together again, preferably when don Jaime can attend - OKC next time?

Well, okay. But just remember I only know how to get to specific places in OKC when I’m all by myself: The Memorial, Quail Springs Mall, the Omni-Plex, Frontier City, so don’t get me lost.

[sub]You guys don’t listen to Ginko. He is a cutie.[/sub]

Arden’s right, Ginko is, er, ah, um, a not unattractive man. Probably has to fend off women with a baseball bat:D. Not that I would really have an opinion on these things. Nevermind…forget I said anything.

I, too, had a great time and I’m looking forward to Qadgop’s pix. Next time, I’ll just take the whole day off (which I originally planned to do but I was convinced to come in “for a couple of hours”) and be on time :D. If Qadgop had not mentioned his solar-powered pith helmet on the board some weeks ago (and I did not have a memory that seems to cling to useless trivia), I would never have found you guys. I was sweating that one all the way up to Stillwater. Thanks, Doc!

On the subject of another OklaDope, we also need to let grendel72, who lives in Tulsa, and Tornado Siren know. Did I miss anyone else? Let’s do it again. We could go out to the Wes Watkins Resevoir or Lake Dirtybird for a picnic and a swim, hit one of the numerous eateries in OKC (since we outnumber the rest of you!), go to the OKC Zoo and Omniplex, or any number of other places. Of course, I know I would be willing to make the long trek to Okarche (now I’m really jonesin’ for some Eischen’s and I’ll bet Ginko is, too). We could go to the Checkerboard Cafe in Harrah, which has the absolute best food in Oklahoma (I’m really not kidding here; the desserts are spectacular) and is incredibly cheap.

[sub]Can you tell I really had a good time and can’t wait to do it again?[/sub]

Feh. You guys were just nervous, being less than a block away from the Home of the Cowboys and know you got off easy. :smiley:

If we do this on a weekend day, Ginko and I can bring our daughters along and they can entertain each other.

I could if I got a job offer this week. Somebody cross your fingers for me!

:: Sending good thoughts Zyada’s way ::

Gonna show us your rope tricks? :wink: