(Old) Missing an hour in the MMP

That just sounds very kewl!

Happy Birthday! :cake: I’m glad you are having a good week and seem to be recovering apace.

Mom didn’t get sick either. We did, though.

Back when I was an obnoxious tween, I made a third grader cry in the grocery store because I kept calling his favorite teacher “Mom” and he thought I should be calling her Mrs. Teacher. I never got tired of seeing her students trying to figure out who she was in places that weren’t their school. She just didn’t look the same if she stopped to get gas after work, LOL!

I think that would be an excellent idea! Body parts don’t often heal well if we keep injuring them.

Oh yeah, he’s the chillest creature and doesn’t mind the shots one bit. And I inject myself with meds weekly, so I’m plenty familiar with the routine.

We packed about a dozen boxes, 2 for sure for donation, 2 or 3 for Daughter’s use - she’ll give the boxes back - and 5 that I need to sort thru - some stuff for the boat, much for donation.

It was sad seeing how filthy most of the cookware is - she can’t see to clean it all.

Daughter got a lot of groceries and I’ll take what’s left and/or toss it. I can’t believe how many gravy mix packets I now have! And Daughter got 5 boxes of pasta and 3 bags of noodles. So much duplication in a tiny pantry!

Sketty for supper.

Happy Moanday to all who celebrate!

I’ve managed to actually do some of the yard work I’ve been avoiding instead of whining about needing to do it, and I’ve set up a large trash pickup for some broken furniture that’s been sitting in my side yard all winter. So that means I can sit in the couch and eat bonbons the rest of the day, right?

My FIL was like that. He didn’t want to bother us. You know, until he got himself into a jam and we had to drop everything to take care of the emergency that we could have prevented in the first place.

That was one of the things I hated most - the time always changed just after I’d stopped having to drive into the sunrise, and I had to do it all again.

It’s always awkward to visit your former employer, and even more so when you’re there as a client rather than just visiting.

Hurray for people who are responsible and don’t spread diseases! I hope you escape it, whatever it turns out to be.

Wait, she’s cleaning? Who’s under whose feet, really? :wink:

It’s good to know I’m not the only one! Tell you what, if you’ll forgive me when I get hopelessly behind, I’ll forgive you. Bet everyone else will, too!

I hope Junior improves with the upped insulin! It’s nerve-wracking trying to manage chronic illness in pets.

I hope it’s going well, and I hope you like it!

Hey, I know about this kind of thing! A few years back, Mr. L jammed his thumb and went through the same thought process, only he didn’t mention it to a doctor until six months later, when it was still hurting. Sure enough, it was fractured, but by then it was too late to do anything about it. I’m glad you’re more sensible!

I think they’re trying to sneak in full-year DST without telling us. Is that a paranoid conspiracy theory? Sure, but that’s what you get when you suddenly and forcibly change normally rational people’s sleep cycles.

They aren’t satisfied with ruining everyone’s internal clocks; they have to screw up your birthday, too? Well, happy birthday regardless!

I’ve considered becoming a recluse just to avoid running into students or their families when I’m out.

I think I might smell or something. I can’t get anyone to do anything with me. Today I had to tie a pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

Just kidding, but … I invited my friend and my cousin to go with me to a Trailblazers game tonight - they’re playing the Celtics. I’ve been half-following the NBA this year and I’m a New England native, not to mention that the Celtics are killing it this year.

My friend said, yeah, sounds great. My cousin said, yeah, sounds great.

They both bailed on me. So, fuck it, I’m going to the game solo. Not the first time I’ve gone stag to a professional sporting event. I even spent a little more than I would have if the other guys had come so I think I got a pretty good seat.

Should be fun.

Bats for 20 years I went with someone to the annual 3 day horse event in KY. I eventually dropped that friendship and was like damn, I’ll go alone. I always found people to hang around with. Same this year. I’m traveling solo but a barn mate is also going. We’ll meet up but won’t spend the whole event together. It’s always fun to make friends.

I have cooked, eaten, and slept. Now I am sitting here on the couch with the poodle. She survived the horrific event remarkably well and looks very fluffy and cute as expected. Not much more to say as I have a headache and I think I’ll go play in the kitchen soon instead of staring at this screen.

Howdy Y’all! Doc visit went well. Just a routine follow-up thingy. I did see the vampire as ‘twas time for my annual PSA check. Amazin’ that is now just a blood draw and not the “geez doc, at least buy me dinner first” thing it used to be. The rest of the day, except for the makin’ and eatage of sup, was slothful as is our wont. Did get a plan in place for much cookin’ over to the church house on Thursday, Firday, and Sattidy. We are St. Patrick’s, so on Sattidy we shall have our big feast of corned beef ‘n cabbage and all sorts of other stuff plus beer. Prep and cookage will occur on Thursday and Firday afternoon with final cookage and gettin’ stuff ready on Sattidy. We shall make merry from five-thirty until eight-thirty Sattidy evenin’. Well, some folk will, but we’ll be gone way before eight-thirty. I, at least, will have thoroughly peopled out way before then.

Cookie hope the Missus and you avoid whatever plague niece may have had.

Oopsie the lego Corvette is lookin’ good.

MOOOOOOM continued good luck with the pack up of MIL’s apartment. Smart move to hire movers for the furniture. I don’t do that anymore either.

WetOne glad you survived the vampires.

Sticky Buns glad your baby survived the ordeal. The cookin’ sounds fun.

Niner glad you checked in and that things are goin’ relatively well. Glad Junior is doin’ OK with the insulin, poor baby.

Legend you did a thing and accomplished it, so bonbons and couch are not only acceptable, but required.

J_Bats their loss. Enjoy your upgrade seat at the game.

And now this…

< AHEM > CLEARIN’ THROAT < AHEM >

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR FFFIIISSSHHHYYY!!!

Thank you for the reminder! I live in land of tasty cake so I shall get tasty cake pies for the office.

Exactly - it’s all peachy keen till her BP plummets and she winds up on the floor. I pointed out that a fall against a hard surface could result in a trip to the ER. She’s not stupid, but she is stubborn!

BTW - for those of you who worry about missing an MMP or two, we don’t take attendance, except when we fret over someone who appears to have been abducted by aliens. If all you can manage is a post saying “I’m alive - BBS!” that’s cool!

Better than “geez, doc, trim that fingernail, willya???” :open_mouth:

We might hire Daughter and SIL - they could use the $$$.

Sketties were yum. Dishwasher is washing. I had to hand-scrub a few of the pots that I’m taking from MIL’s stash. Her lousy eyes mean she doesn’t see how filthy some of her things were.

I scored 4 corningware pots with lids - WOOHOO!! She’s got a bunch of knives, but they’re all pretty much crap - not even good enough to donate. I may take a couple for use in my studio, but that’s it.

Speaking of my studio - Roxy has expressed and interest in working in clay. I need to get my kiln fixed and re-vented, then she and I can have quality time playing in clay!

Tahred - Gonna recline till I can’t keep my eyes open, then I’ll crash.

When the great niece and nephew were small, their mom, grandmother and i used to add vegetation to mac and cheese and we called it macaroni mess.

Ain’t that the truth! A couple of years ago, I ordered two pair of jeans online. Same size, same jeans, only different colors. The light wash fit well with a 1" hem. The dark wash, however, came clear up to my bra and would have needed a 4" hem. Methinks they slipped a women’s tall in the mix.

From a human diabetic perspective, once you get it under control, you do feel better. Here’s hoping that’s the case for other critters.

I’m glad that the biopsy turned out negative sticky buns

Happy birthday fishy!

We got frost last night. And me with my ice scraper with my car at the dealership. :headsmack: On the way to irk, I remembered that my parking placard was also in my car, so I took not of the tag number and wrote a description on a post-it for security so’s it wouldn’t get towed. They were cool with that.

Speaking of my car, the insurance company is jacking me around wanting to send me to a not-so-great collision center for re-man parts. The car only has 53K miles on it fer cripes sake! The liason at the dealership is seeing what she can do for me, I may have to pay a few bucks more out of pocket, but I really would rather have the pros do it.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Hmmm, my outdoor remote thermometer claims it’s 96 degrees out. I don’t believe it.

Evening all. Swimming was accomplished, didn’t know if I had left myself enough time for doing the 1.5 miles, but got it in. Then went over to the soccer fields, but they had plenty of coaches there so I decided to go to Mickey D’s and call it a night. That meal is resting comfortably in my stomach and except for some You Tubin’ and soccer stuff on-line, the rest of the evening will be given over to sloth and reading (or perhaps reading about sloths).

Niner, no apologies needed, glad the new job is meeting your expectations and that Junior is doing better. And I get the occasional back pain but nothing quite like that…hope it stays good for you. And neat that you got to see the band. Stop by when life lets you.

Coppertone, sounds like a good day.

JtC, maybe she has space problems for the freezer but doesn’t want to tell you?

Dicey, a Swiss train was late?!?! What do they think, that they are in America or something??

Oopsie, add me to the group that thinks you need to get that thumb checked out. Corvette looks promising.

nellie, you plant isn’t named Audrey 2? And keep an eye on that stomach pain.

Happy Birthday Real Fish!!! Glad the arm is doing better.

FCM, glad the kitchen stuff has been dealt with, the donations will be appreciated.

Well, at least one Bon.

J-Bats, enjoy the game! Should be a good one.

red, still trying on my new Amazon-ordered pants. So far I’m 2 for 2 in the fit department.

Yeah, if you were in Abu Dhabi I mght believe it. Got myself these itty-bitty room theromostats so I can tell how well the heater is working (pretty much as set).

Whew, think I’m mostly caught up, have a good evening all.

Thanks, all for the birthday wishes! It’s been really low key but… the new mattress arrived, got set up and the new comforter set on it. It feels sob nice and firm and I’m going to be sleeping much better on it.

Hubby took me out for my birthday Starbucks and shakes for the kids. They stepped up and helped get things cleaned up enough in my room to bring in the mattress so that was their treat. They’re on spring break this will do I’m hoping they’ll step up with a lot of things.

I’m going to spend the rest of the night relaxing, drinking my drink and reading a library book. Hope everyone has a wonderful night/day/whatever.

That’s a nice pattern on those sheets! Also a nice axolotl.

Life conspired to keep me from the gym and running errands. First it was another long conversation with my SIL, whose vision crisis is ongoing, then I had to update the other two sisters. Then Ms. Dog and her person stopped over to borrow something and ended up staying for almost two hours. Oh, well.

I appear to have been abducted by aliens. I think it’s the wild hair and the “I’ve been to Zircon 5, and all I got is this lousy tee shirt” shirt. Have I been missing attendance all this time? I’m here. Sort of. I think.

HI folks - nearing bedtime here in Montverde FL near Orlando. You’ve been a chatty bunch today. Maybe I can catch up, and maybe not.

As to me …
After my last missive I had my monthly yak w my finance dude, then met w atty ref divorce. Their ask has a couple of grabs in it that we’ll push back on gently, but nothing extreme. It’ll cost about what I expected when all is said and done. As always, it’s important not perform certain cost / benefit calculations. Just pay the nice man and leave smiling.

The key thing to recognize is the atty’s both can cost $10K if we set them to fighting over a $2K payment one way or the other. So our plan is to push back a little, and they either fold on some or all of those points or stand pat, and then we’re done. Write the check(s) and move on.

Then hopped in the car and zoomed to Orlando. I’m staying here: Bella Collina which is pretty nice. This hotel room / furnished condo is a 2BR, 2-1/2bath, easily 1800SF w fully equipped kitchen. Definitely larger than the apartment HL & I lived in. Overkill for just 1 guy, but the alternative was a Holiday Inn Express next to a freeway for not that much less money. Tres swanky.

I got settled shortly before newly revised dusk, and needed to find dinner. Settled on this place, which was quite nice: Root & Branch Bistro and Bar. Had a wedge salad, the Wagyu burger, the flourless chocolate torte, and a glass each of white and red wine to accompany the salad and entrée.

Soon to bed, then up early to kick it at the gliderport. So expect no morning report from this quarter.

As to y’all …

Welcome back Niner. Happy to read of your triumphs and sorry to hear of the obstacles. Diabetic doggies sound real sad. But readily fixable.

That’s a triple win!!! Yayy!

You certainly do. Quite thorough indeed!!

You (and FCM) totally deserve that; you’ve certainly earned it with all the glop. My late wife used to call it “sky-poop”. Or “sky-plop” in more politer company. No more sky-poop for you for awhile.

The 'Vette comes together! Bravo!

Yeah.

My lifetime first hospital admission was the day after HL & I got married. So age 63. I’d certainly received repairs at an ER or three over the years, but had never spent a night in the joint as a patient. Many as a caregiver, but that’s real different.

Yaay for birthday there truefish!! FYI I can enjoy a breakfast Bloody mary or similar, but only on special occasions with nothing useful planned for the day. Utterly unlike today.

We saw a lot of that too. They’re not slobs; they simply cannot see the grunge. Nor the large food stains on their shirts.

For the last year or so at MIL’s place we’d get our own tea, just so we could surreptitiously pre-wash the teacups to get the bugs and dust bunnies out before she obliviously added the water.

You certainly may! You go girl; that sounds like a great use of the day! :smile:

Sounds like the trifecta of goodness.

FYI, we have a cool little breakfast eatery not too far from home called The Sticky Bun. They do make really good cinnamon roll thingies that my stoopit pancreas cannot abide. And other yummy breakfast meals; their shrimp and cheddar grits are quite something.

Sounds fun. My housemate, I, and some other aging professional reprobates have penciled in a tri-county Irish-only pub crawl for the entirety of the 17th. Unless I’ve set up a trip to yet someplace else by then, which is a distinct possibility.

Nellie: hooray for the kind of friends that stop by for a moment and stay two hours. Can be vexing, but that’s real human contact. And so valuable for all that.

Past bedtime here.

Cheers all! Sleep (or heave) well!

Had a nap, and Old Fashioned, and a cheeseburger(Dijon mustard, caramelized onions, smoked Gouda)

Same to you and Junior.

Yeah, the one time I was in the hospital, 3 of the nurses were my customers. that was weird.

And for some reasom I get y’alls Coastal Flooding Advisories. :thinking:

Still better than
“I feel a polyp.”
“Doc, that’s my uvula.”

:partying_face: :birthday: :champagne: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :champagne: :birthday::partying_face:
And Spot approves of you Mindless and Garishly Colored bed creature.

Yeah. My one friend had an acrimonious enough divorce, that he publicly gloated every time one of the ex’s attorneys were disbarred(and I think they all were)

That’s so good to know, I was worried! How is the groomer?

Our St. Barnyard always liked going to get her twice annual crewcut and the groomers always loved her, but somehow, a person always got knocked over and hurt.

I would think that means you don’t stink enough!!!

After I retired, I learned that working friends don’t often have time to do the things I want to do, so I would go alone and have a great time all by myself! I’m sure you will too.

Some people live for Christmas, we live for Pi day, LOL!

I used to carry a red towel around on 5/25, but then I started working at the food stamp office and people were constantly wanting to use my towel to clean up after a client’s child or “assistance dog” puked or shit on the floor.

WHAT! Why didn’t I get that memo!!! I’ve been checking names off my list for the last year!!!

Which is another reason to have her with you. You are a good DIL.

I didn’t know that mac and cheese came without peas until I left home. It was a rather unpleasant shock to be honest.

Isn’t that infuriating? It has happened to me with the same color which doesn’t make things any better.

It is a time management issue. She is a hospice nurse and seems to have forgotten that she can’t burn the candle at both ends like she could when she was 20. We have room in the yard for the freezer, I’m fairly certain that she will come and get it by Thanksgiving. It will be out of the way, but will be unsheltered and she will have to spend more of her non-existent free time cleaning it after she finally picks it up.

Good sleep is so important, I hope it helps you to heal. I love your axolotl :slight_smile:

Isn’t it great that you don’t also have work getting in the way of what really needs to be done? I’m glad you had a good visit with Ms. Dog and person, fur therapy always helps.

Oddly enough being retired didn’t give me all of the free time I expected, I still can’t spend my days sitting and smoking and stitching, things just have to be done. Towels got washed today. At some time, we will have to get VBC out of them and give her nose drops, but now is not the time.

The piece I’m currently working on is one that Mom bought way back before she moved to Idaho. The big problem with doing her old kits is that threads got lost during the big move or she sometimes “borrowed” threads and didn’t replace them. Happily, most of the missing threads are fairly easy to replace, DMC dyes are super constant.

I was stitching along and ran out of 814 so ordered some from da jungle. I got 816. I looked at the order and yes, 816 was what was ordered. Crap. I don’t have any 814 but do have three skeins of 816, of course that’s the color I’d fumble order.

I always have a towel in my car. And my Kindle is named “DON’T PANIC”