Why am I getting last week’s news scrolling across the top of my screen? The first three are generally irrelevant – not the sort of thing one would find on the evening news.
I don’t know if these Items are provided by Yahoo! or my carrier. The first five to come up are about Cheryl Crow’s new baby, a calf with two noses, Romney’s wealth, the Iraqi government discouraging troop withdrawal, and war tensions that follow Bush to a commencement.
When I actually check for news at Yahoo!, these are the headlines:
• Senate to vote on ending Iraq war funding, troop pullout
• Justice Department No. 2 resigning amid attorney firings furor
• Iraq’s al-Qaida aiming for higher-profile targets missing troops
• Special panel says Wolfowitz broke World Bank rules
• U.S. products appearing on Cuban shelves despite embargo
No mention of an armless, one-legged driver leading a chase.
Do you think that Fox has overtaken scrolling news features? How else can you explain this obsession with three day old trivial news items? All insights are welcome.