Old TV advertisements for compilation albums

I want to see the commercial for a compilation video of commercials for compilation albums.

I loved the way they trimmed the songs to fit as many on the album as possible, and on some of them the music seemed a little compressed.

That scene goes through my head at least once a week. The acting was so hammy!

I remember the “Golden Greats” and “Dance Machine” commercials very well. I especially enjoyed watching the Dance Machine commercial back then because I was a young male teen and some of the outfits the dancing women had on were, well, quite…form fitting and not too substantial. In fact, I may have seen the commercial while watching “Soul Train” for the same reason.

B-b-b-but it’s four easy payments of only $29.99!

In the mid-to-late 70s, there was a commercial for a compilation of 50s music. I think there was a car or motorcycle and a greaser saying, “Four wicked albums…”

I remember that one! ( after you jogged my memory )

A greaser and his grease-ette girlfriend.

Seventy two hits baby. Seventy two!

I’ve always loved “40 Great Unclaimed Melodies!”, but had no idea it was parodying a specific ad!

“It’s by a great Eye-talian composer. He’s dead now… but lives on, in steeereo hi-fiiii. Hello, I’m Don G. O’vanni…”

I used to love those commercials. In fact, every once in a while I’ll still catch myself mindlessly watching one. And it always seems to be for old country music. I think I ended up watching an entire infomercial a few weeks ago for something like the best country performances at Austin City Limits.

Think about one advert that was on MTV UK around 1999 and like op could sing whole thing. One had “my name is Lucas, I live on the second floor”. Literally goes round my head.

So found an old advert break for MTV UK and there was one of the compilation adverts in there. Wasn’t one I was thinking of but bet it was same company - insight music

what no one remembers the “70s preservation society”?
i remember target and BMG had an exclusive top 40 compilation that came out 2-3 times a year that you could buy through the 1800 number or target that ran for like 15 years Hansen was on the first or second one

I had one called “Classical Thunder”, from the Time-Life Treasury of Music. Two cassette tapes, IIRC. Of course, I couldn’t play the tapes any more even if I found them, but I now have CDs of most of the complete works they came from.

I remember one time, my brother and I watching TV, stoned, drunk, or just stupid. A compilation album commercial came on, full of dumb kid songs like The Farmer in the Dell, and I popped up my middle finger and pressed it to the screen to more fully convey my emotions about the undesirability of the product. Then a cartoon dog appeared on screen, jigging to the music, and did something rude with my finger. We near about died laughing from that one!

I always wanted to get this album after I got a copy of this commercial on a freeware Amiga disk in 1990.

Their best one was the disco one!