old woman gives birth

How old is too old to have children? I know some women have been reported to at older than 45, but thats just not healthy or wise, I think.
I’m 41, will be 42 in November, and want one more.
What are my odds of having a healthy baby?

The Guiness Book of World Records lists a woman over 60. For someone who has had children before, the highest recommended age is higher than for someone who has never had children.

This really is an “ask your doctor” question.

My mom was 43 when she gave birth to my little brother, and everything went fine, no complications, no problems.

But Alphagene is right, go to the doctor about it.

I’m no doctor, but I’ve read that, while the risk of complications during pregnancy and birth defects in the baby increase after age 40, the odds are still very high throughout a woman’s childbearing years that there will be no problems and a normal baby.

I think they say you can have more complications and the baby is at higher risk for birth defects after the age of 35. I guess they just monitor you more closely, I don’t know. I wouldn’t let the fact that your 41 stop you from having a baby if you want one. I would definitely check with your doctor first though.