Oliver Stone--The Great Satan????

Hi Everyone!

I saw a notice in the Internet Movie Data Base that the president of Iran declined to be interviewed by Oliver Stone, and that he also said that Oliver Stone was a “Great Satan”.

Are things getting even nuttier now? Are we all now “Great Satans”?
I wasn’t sure what category this show have been posted in (Cafe Society, Great Debates???)

kitemaker_chuck
(Chuck Anderson)

The “Great Satan” is the Iranian term of endearment for America and Americans; the “Little Satan” is Yours Truly and my countrymen.

Personally, I think Oliver Stone *wishes * he were a great Satan, when at best he’s just a mediocre one.

Specifically Ahmaswhatjad (or his spokesmen) was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini, who coined the phrase as a reference to the US back during the Iranian Revolution.

The exchange is the quote of the day on the Doonesbury website:

It is right that this person is considered part of the opposition in the U.S., but opposition in the U.S. is a part of the Great Satan."
– media advisor Mehdi Kahlor, rejecting Oliver Stone’s request to make a documentary about Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Stone in response:
“I wish the Iranian people well, and only hope their experience with an inept, rigid ideologue president goes better than ours.”

I don’t know about Islamic Fundamentalists, but kitemakers seem O.K. by me!

Wow, he managed to slam both Ahameniajiahemanejiad and Bush in the same setence.

It’s comforting to know that even nutbag dictators despise Oliver Stone.

Makes sense. Stone can’t even speak well of America’s nutbag dictator, so why should Iran trust him?

We can never know but we can speculate. Imagine if you will…

:rolleyes: