Omelet Ingredients

Chorizo and feta is my favorite combo, sometimes with green onions thrown in.

I’ll put almost anything in my omlettes, for variety and interest.

However, one interesting addition is bits of cream cheese (goes VERY well with smoked salmon pieces). Don’t want to use too much, small bits so they melt.

I’ve also tried with a bit of curry powder, adds a li’l zing. I haven’t tried balsamic vinegarette, but I shall. As I shall try some of the other neat suggestions here.

Smoked salmon with a bit of dill and some diced up bacon trips my trigger. I also like making a non-traditional omelet like the following:

russet potato, cut up
onion, diced
chorizo, cut up
garlic, minced
olive oil
eggs, beaten
grated cheddar

Fry up the potato in oil, add the onion, garlic and sausage and saute until the onions are tender. Turn on your broiler. Add the eggs to the pan and cook on the stovetop until they start to set (don’t stir or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs). Cover with cheddar and place the pan under the broiler. Let it cook until the cheese melts and browns a bit, and puffs up. Serve at the table in the pan. This makes a nice presentation for guests. The amounts are deliberately vague because it really depends on how many people you are serving. I generally make it for six (one XL egg per person).

In my family, El Pato sauce is almost a required ingredient. There’s also a green (can) version, which is perhaps a bit spicier and a slightly different flavor.

Will have to try with chili verde, is there a decent pre-made sauce out there, or do I need to get LadyFoxFyre to give me her recipe?

Diced ham
Emmentaler and Monterrey Jack cheese
Mushrooms
Garlic salt
and the secret ingredient: Crybaby sweet jalapenos

Chevre, capers, fresh dill, and smoked salmon (added cold on top) if I’m feeling punchy.

Sauteed mushrooms, onions, and green peppers.
Pepper jack and cheddar cheese.
Salsa on top.

That’s my favorite.

I do the cream cheese thing for my breakfast burritos.

Related to this, 17 years ago I was trained in quality control and it included dealing with military standards. The oddest thing was to find that there was a military standard for omelets!

I remember that surprisingly it sounded tasty, I should have written that recipe.

No “wang”, but I like some sauteed mushrooms.

If I were eating everything I want, buttered pan, eggs, Cabot cheddar, canned mushrooms.

Right now, eggs, olive oil spray.