OMG OMG OMG Gross Gross! I touched someone's loogie!

First off, I was completing the Seinfeld reference from upthread. Second, you let me know when you find any of those items in the garbage. Third, if you’re that hard up for money, go get a second job.

Ummm. No. :cool:

So bossy… tsk, tsk. That whole “Lord” thing going to your head, I guess…

After this I don’t think I could reach in barehanded if my life depended on it. <shuddershuddershuddergag)

Given your professional background and Rule 34, why not make some money out of it?

You’re not as funny as you seem to think you are.

A little “lung butter” never hurt anyone.

Stop being so OCD/anal! :slight_smile:

I’m kidding with you, of course, Stoid, okay?

What was it the late, great Mr. George Carlin once said?

“I woulda wiped it off with flaming wood, if I had had some!”?

Q

I have no idea what this means.

It really depends on whom you intend to amuse. How fortunate for us both that it isn’t you, so neither of us needs to be disappointed by what would have been my failure.

It’s always so nice when things work out well for everyone, always adds an extra ray of sunshine to the day.

Lung butter? LUNG BUTTER? That is a thoroughly strange and, of course, revolting term. But it’s always fun to learn something new, no matter how disgusting. Did you come up wiht that yourself, or is it part of some subculture I don’t know about?

And George woulda been proud. He believed in the benefits of germ-spreading. So do I, as long as I don’t have to be the spreader or receiver. (That sounds vaguelyh sexual…) For all my complaints about cooties, it’s really more about the general ookiness of body fluids that aren’t mine. YAR.

“Lung Butter”: A slang respiratory therapist’s term, glad you liked it.

I also used to get a kick out of charting a patient’s expectorations (which I had to observe and test for elasticity) thusly:

“A yellow, custard-like consistency, not unlike lemon meringue, sparing the egg-white.”

:shrug: :slight_smile:

Quasi

Oh, for a barfing smiley.

Another Doper who can’t swallow the reality of biological life.

Oh well…

I suppose now you’re gonna go all “Ewwwwww” on us, right Lisacurl?:):slight_smile:

Again, this is just der ol’ Quas’ playing off the threads with humor and not meant to hurt feelings, I promise!

Q

I fully realize that my phlegm aversion is a personal problem. I’d rather deal with puke, pee, poop, ANYTHING other than that.

Gods bless respiratory therapists, cuz I damn sure couldn’t help someone with that.

Getting a second job that takes up all kinds of time and beholds you to some boss, or less time spent reclaiming something that is worth money, thereby fulfilling your needs and ensuring more time to keep you happy? Meh, really, it’s just a question of priorities. Even when I had money, I don’t think I ever truly looked down on someone dumpster diving to supplement their income. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Now that I don’t have money, it seems clearer to me that if you’re willing to brave the ick and the verbal jabs from the ivory tower denizens, more power to you. Just because I don’t have it in me to be that thrifty doesn’t mean it is an activity that by itself makes you less than.

I hope you win a million dollars. :slight_smile:

lisa’s a nurse, y’all!

Gotta be!:slight_smile:

(sorry if I’m wrong, lisa, but I have heard that “I’d rather be on the ass-end, than the other one” story to know that’s a nurse talking to me!))

Funny, but you never hear respiratory therapists asking for that choice, huh?

Guess we’re just used to assholes and how they breathe, right! :slight_smile:

Thanks

Q

I have .5 L of fresh juicy BAL waiting to be processed in the lab upstairs.

Any takers?

Thank you very much!

And I publicly promise here and now that if I win any of the big prizes, I will write you a check for $100 of it. (It would be more, but I already promised Oscar the maintenance guy that I’d split it with him, not to mention everyone else. In spite of my own very real need, I still find the idea of giving it away, or at least sharing it, jsut as exciting as receiving it myself. What could possibly be cooler? Can’t think of much, frankly.)

I wish I knew the combination of letters that adequate conveys my reaction to this.

This is getting to be one of my favorite threads!

So what does that say about me?

:):):):):slight_smile:

Quasi

“test for elasticity”

Come on, y’all!!! :slight_smile:

Weren’t you even curious about how I’d do something like that at the bedside???

:p:D;)

I wouldn’t!!!, but you didn’t ask!!!

Either I’ve gone further “around the bend” than I thought, or y’all aren’t paying attention to what I write!:wink:

Either way - I’m having a great time writing these word “puzzles” which make sense to me only! :slight_smile:

And PLEASE: No offense is meant, I promise. Just me looking at the world a little skewed

Your pal

Q