Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 1)

I was born Catholic(didn’t take), by the time I started high school(1975), there were several families with 10-12 kids.

I grew up in a heavily Catholic area, and yes, families of 6+ kids were not at all unusual. One of our local state legislators had 13 kids, and for awhile I dated a guy who was one of 9. One of my best friends in school was of one of 7, and I girl I knew in college who was born on the same day I was in the same hospital was one of 12 - clearly her mom was a frequent flyer there.

There was in my [Catholic] school with 10 kids. I’ll bet a lot of people still remember their conversion van with the license plate 8XY 2XX.

My grandfather had something like 10 siblings as well.

FWIW, my two aunts married Catholics. They had ten, and six, kids.

Bullet dodged if you ask me. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why anyone would send their kid to a Catholic school. My sister, an agnostic at best, did. I don’t care how well they teach geometry, I still don’t get it.

I’m one of twelve, myself (ten of us survived past infancy and into adulthood).

My parents (dad’s an agnostic, mom’s an atheist) sent us to Catholic grade schools and high schools. In part, it was a deal they struck with my paternal grandmother (a devout Catholic), who helped to pay for it, but the primary reason was that the Catholic schools were substantially better, academically, than the public schools in our area.

It’s like the old joke about the rain dance. Do you know why rain dances always work? Because you keep dancing until the rains come.

Those stupid MFers just keep praying until they get the answer they want.

Or the story of the elephant stick.

A man is standing out in public with a weird-looking stick in his hand. Another man comes up to him and asks what he’s doing.

“I am holding up my elephant stick.”

“What’s an elephant stick?”

“It’s a magic stick that keeps elephants away.”

“That’s ridiculous, there is no such thing.”

“Well, I don’t see any elephants around, do you?”

Just try and prove that God didn’t want them to be bigots.

In addition to all of the “many siblings” posts above mine, I went to school with a guy whose wife has had their tenth kid since they got married. He has one sister, and they didn’t come from a super religious family. He’s extremely religious now, but I wonder if that could have been his wife’s upbringing and influence.

Sadly, there are people who believe this bullshit. Link is to an insinuation that President Obama murdered his chef. Of course the picture used for that insinuation happens to be from almost a decade ago.

I did.
Sent my kids to catholic middle school. Their choice, not mine.
Worked out rather well. It cured them of any lingering tendency towards religious beliefs. And gave them a pretty good secular education base too.

And it’s not the same bandage, or even the same hand, as we saw in the tweet posted upthread.
At least this picture is actually Obama.

Digs toe in dirt, yeah, my name is 12. They ran out of names. My younger sister has the worst of luck, she’s 13.

Lot of Old Order Mennonites around here. 10 to 12 kids wouldn’t be surprising. (That’s why there’s a lot of Old Order Mennonites around here . . . ) 15 is kind of getting up there. And “his 15 siblings” means 16 total, not 15. I’m sure it happens; but that’s still a whole lot of kids.

Trump fake electors furious over being ‘duped’ by his people

In interviews with USA Today, a bevy of conservatives who are either under investigation or are facing election fraud charges for participating in a fake elector plot, lashed out at associates of Donald Trump for getting them into the mess they are in.

'As far as we knew, this was an exercise in futility and that the only ballots that were counted were the ones for Biden.”

WHAT? How could The Messiah lie to us?’

Particularly stupid that an alternate elector, now a Georgia state senator, could believe that only votes for Biden were being counted.

I’m continuously amazed at how many people, no matter what he does or says or lies about, refuse to believe he’s not the most perfect, christ-like person, until he eats their face. Not their neighbor’s face, or their husband’s face, or their LGBTQ+ child or pregnant daughter’s face. Nothing changes until they’re the one get slighted.
That whole ‘first they came’ thing went right over their heads.

And not even then, half the time.

“My face was eaten, what did I do wrong?!”

Wouldn’t this be a better fit in the schadenfreude thread?

I mean, we got dumb-ass Trump, dumb-ass MAGAts, and dumb-ass Republican threads in plenty. I, for one, like this one dedicated to your generic non-political dumb-ass who drives off a cliff because Alexa told him to, and such.