On the loss of a friend

Today I found out that my friend Diane is gone. I had not tslked to her in some time, & last I had heard she was moving to Texas, that was this spring. Turns out the guy she was going to live with is a drug addict, & so she never ended up moving there, but I didin’t know this because I had not talked to her since then. At one time she & I were quite close & I counted her among my best friends, but we drifted apart. It makes things a little easier, frankly, but also harder, because I didin’t get the chance to say goodbye to her. I am going down to West Virginia tomorrow to make the arrangements. There is no one else to do it, besides her son, who has mental problems. I miss her, and I’m scared. I never had to handle anything quite like this before. But, mostly, I miss her.
Sorry if this is kinda convoluted, it’s been a day.

Wow, losing a long-time friend is always hard. What happened?

This changes your life in ways you won’t understand for some time to come. Big hugs out to you. Seriously big hugs.

Thanks Sunrazorhugs back Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, when we came home from West Virginia, we discovered our power has been cut! I am at a friends House ATM.

She died of complications from Pnumonia.

Thanks Sunrazorhugs back Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, when we came home from West Virginia, we discovered our power has been cut! I am at a friends House ATM.

She died of complications from Pnumonia.

goodness.

i’m sorry about your friend. may her memory be eternal.

i hope that finalising everything for her gave you a bit of comfort and peace. it is a blessing to have a friend who will drop everything and travel to be sure that your final wishes are carried out. she knew she could count on you.

Oh, sweetie, I’m so sorry.

janis_and_c0, I’m so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.
It’s such a shock to lose someone like that, with no warning at all.

Everyone should have a friend as good as you. {{{hugs}}}

THanks so much you guys… I’m not sure that I did exactly what she wanted, but I did the best I could. I hope the stoopid power comes back on soon.

How sad and sudden! You’re so very kind to take care of things. I know it’s very hard to lose a friend.