On the subject of attacking an armed man and getting shot

I thought a Jacaranda was a moderately large deciduous tree with purple blossoms.

Did someone name a beer after it?

Without looking at who the OP actually was, I assumed it had to be Shodan.

I assume he’ll be popping into one of these threads saying the guy deserved it somehow.

Maybe. Running in the opposite direction or trying to hide and calling 911 could also be options. Wrestling them to assert dominance? Seems pretty risky. Especially if you are a black man in the deep south, not to mention outnumbered.

But let me be clear, don’t think these two are innocent or anything so put down your pitchforks. They should probably go to prison for a long time.

I wonder what would have happened had the fellow just stopped and said “look, you’ve got the wrong guy. I’m jogging. No stolen stuff on me!” I think he would’ve been shot anyway. These guys were looking for trouble, same as Zimmerman was.

Keep just asking those questions.

Stranger

Is that what you think happened?

The only people trying to “assert dominance” here, and the only people doing **any **“attacking”, were those two assholes.
And Christ what an ate-up description of events in the OP stsatement.

Watch the video again. It happened too fast for that scenario. He was killed less than a second after his attempt to avoid the truck over on the passenger side. If anything he inadvertently ran into the gunman who was trying to prevent him from running down a public street.

With a “posse” you detain someone. In a lynching they die.

Oh good, we’re in the pit.

Eat shit you Klan motherfucker.

It is one of the most dishonest OP’s I have ever read and clearly trolling, I don’t know what forum it originated in but what is the point of moderators if not to action crap like that?

Agreed.

It’s first-degree murder, plain and simple. I would think the prosecutor is dancing because police report and video seems to match up well. I’d Jack McCoy the fuck out of them, saying whoever spills it first gets death penalty taken off. Life, no parole. Realistically, there should be a hate crime attached to first degree and/or felony murder.

Uhp. Evidently, I’m completely wrong about this particular prosecutor. He wrote to police captain saying why they shouldn’t arrest them.

:rolleyes::confused:

The only difference between this and Travon Martin, was that this was caught on film. Otherwise it would be two white pillars of the community who were attacked for no reason by a savage black man and had to defend themselves.

This is in the state that still counts as one of its major assets a park build around the vandalism of a rock to depict the ‘heroes’ of a violent insurrection to protect the institution of slavery commissioned by the brothers responsible for the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan. Washington Post: “Stone Mountain: The ugly past — and fraught future — of the biggest Confederate monument”

Stranger

“Trying to hide?” While jogging through a residential suburban area? Having trouble imagining this. Jump into a trash can and pull the lid over you? Step behind a tree and be as skinny as possible?

Also, I expect whipping out a phone would have led to immediate shooting death.

Running away would have led to immediate shooting death, in the back.

A bit of colossal sculptural kitsch topped only by the degradation of Mount Rushmore, SD. That Gutzon Borglum was a piece of work, wasn’t he?

O.KKK

It’s funny how Stand Your Ground laws don’t seem to apply to black people. Why was Arbery’s alleged attack on McMichael not self defense?

Maybe they can argue they were being sarcastic when they pointed the gun at Arbery.