Only 12 time-outs today, SDMD. Well done.

Just had another timeout. A full minute.

Maybe it’s on your end. I’m doing fine out here in the sticks.

Also fine from here, the capital of the civilized world.

The definition of “insanity” is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.

Me? I am posting from a data center where if there was even so much as a blip to Internet connectivity, alarms would go off.

What, uunet? It’s your pipe then.

Wait, how come when something’s not fixed elsewhere (I have nowhere in mind, but if you can’t think of an area within 2 seconds you’re way more optimistic than I’ll ever be) people bitch constantly, but when it’s never fixed here people are supposed to shut up about it?

“You think your whining about the servers are going to matter this time?” That means he shouldn’t whine? I’m here for over 7 years and still don’t understand why other MBs don’t time out and this one does. And none of that “giant server load” crap - as far as active use goes, this board is middlin’ in internet terms.

In other words, “I agree with the OP.” Only, you know, more bitchily.

I agree with the OP. I participate in much larger boards without having to pay a fee. I pay for this one and time out more often then any other board. They collect our money and offer a less reliable board. I sure wish they would use it to make the board better.

JDavis sez it’s at the Dope’s end. From the thread linked in Post #2 in this very thread.

So, the database keeps getting corrupted. Stop making yourself crazy looking for a frannistan to blame at your end, and start blaming whatever’s going on at JDavis’ end. I feel deep pity for him, whatever it is.

I blame ilead.it with their evil popunders, myself.

Maybe I don’t hit Refresh enough or something, but for me the only notorious times have been “The boards are down - Jerry.” For all we know you could have one of those “Drinking Birds” on your desk tapping F5.

Like what?

Is uunet even is business?

(not it’s a multi-ISP config – we never lose I’net access)

Sit and pick your nose.

There is nothing left. My schnoz is so clean I could fit three wedding rings up there now.

I am forced to conclude that something is indeed wonky at the message board end. Before, I gleefully blamed my connection, as it was a cranky dial-up line that went down whenever it felt like it, and sometimes when it didn’t, just to keep its hand in. Now I’m on a good high-speed connection and timeouts and such still happen, with this week being definitely high in them.

So, if the database keeps getting corrupted, can anything be done?

I think this is probably going to develop into one of those cases where it goes down for a day or two, then comes back with a bit less history.

ETA: (and a promise that the truncated part has been saved and might be made available, somehow, in the future)

I just picked the idea up from someone in the thread that was linked in Post #2 here. It sounded good, so I ran with it.

Wow, what a difference a month makes.

Last month, I was piled on by the diehards. This month, I’m embraced by the upstarts. Huh.

Don’t worry, my wishy-washy bitches. I will fight for your rights to access a pay website that actually fuckin works as much as 50% of the time!

Also, you should sue.

I usually know better than to venture out in waters unknown to me but…

Serious question.
This issue comes up a lot on the boards. It’s annoying (the slowness - not the issue) but I gots no piss and vinegar like Johhny. However, as this thread exemplifies, there are always the “well, it works fine for me” crowd who make their showing but, really, come on… it’s fuckin’ 2007 people. This site times out for me a lot. And when it doesn’t it’s veeerry slooowww. Last I heard (about a year ago) YouTube was uploading 75,000 videos a DAY. And It’s free!
Really? We can’t have a middlin’ word-only pay site that won’t say “How high” when I say “Jump”?

Wait, if we bitch enough they’ll make things better?
BITCH!

God bless you, you magnificent bastard

Yeah, that’s totally worth it. It’ll be so sweet sitting on that beach and drinking Maitais all thanks to Jerry’s incompetence. Ka-ching!